5,597,397 Members 30,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with Flashing Almost Everything!

Tip us?

dragonrider6218
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Problem with Flashing Almost Everything!

I am posting this as a new topic because I don't have enough posts to post my concern in the thread of the ROM I use.

I have been using PATB ROM for a while now without any issues. Since updating to the newest version I have run into severe issues trying to flash anything besides doing Restores. Every time I try to flash something new it fails immediately and this includes trying to flash a new recovery. I did some reading and thought I had found the answer in restoring the system to stock firmware via Odin. However after trying this a short while ago the process failed as well as soon as Odin showed Recovery in the process bar. This screwed my phone pretty bad, but I was able to Odin a new Recovery on to the phone which seems to have taken it back to functioning normally. I am still unable to flash anything and the only stuff I can do inside Odin is to put different Recovery zips on the device. But even after doing that I am unable to flash anything, and it jumps to Failed right away.

I am not much more then slightly experienced when it comes to rooting and flashing but I have never come across anything like this before. I was using Xposed Framework and I unistalled it because I thought it might be causing the issue. But still no luck. This is driving me crazy. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I would like to try out some new ROMs. By the way my flash count reads as only 4 when taken into download mode even though I am pretty sure I have flashed more then that; unless it only trips when completely changing ROMs which would make it a correct count. So I am hoping somebody out there has seen this before and knows how to help me get past this. Thanks to those who are able to help.

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Have you tried flashing the full MK4 firmware? IIRC you can't go backwards. Try this out: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7v...4_HOME.tar.zip

Use Odin 3.07. If it fails go with 3.09. Please let me know if it works or not. Your partitions may be corrupt but that's a LONG shot. Let's just stick with you're trying to downgrade and the bootloader isn't letting you

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

dragonrider6218
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
After pouring over countless articles, threads, and posts about the same problem I finally got it to work. I used Odin to put the newest TWRP Recovery on to the device and from there I attempted to flash a stock rooted deodexed MC2. After it failed 3 times I unchecked zip verification as a long shot and it took, flashing the stock ROM. At first I was a little concerned because of how fast it flashed but for the most part everything worked fine. My only problem after this was my baseband was stuck on lj1 which was easily remedied by flashing a modem zip. After that I was having issues with calls dropping almost instantly. I could have a full bar reception and as soon as the call connected it would drop and say I was outside of service area. Thinking back to something I read elsewhere I went into applications/phone and deleted the data (after backing it up) and now things seem to be running very nicely. So needless to say it has been a stressful couple days but diligence and studying got me where I needed to be (hopefully).

By the way no I have not gone to MK4 yet because of there not being any custom ROMs with additional features that make it worth it for me to do so. I will do so either once a custom ROM drops with the N3 air view features added and fully functional or when I purchase my Galaxy Gear. Until then I am going to run the MK4 modem which I have read improves reception and data speed. Thanks for the advice.

Mod this problem is officially solved and this thread can be closed and/or deleted.

twynn
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonrider6218 View Post
After pouring over countless articles, threads, and posts about the same problem I finally got it to work. I used Odin to put the newest TWRP Recovery on to the device and from there I attempted to flash a stock rooted deodexed MC2. After it failed 3 times I unchecked zip verification as a long shot and it took, flashing the stock ROM. At first I was a little concerned because of how fast it flashed but for the most part everything worked fine. My only problem after this was my baseband was stuck on lj1 which was easily remedied by flashing a modem zip. After that I was having issues with calls dropping almost instantly. I could have a full bar reception and as soon as the call connected it would drop and say I was outside of service area. Thinking back to something I read elsewhere I went into applications/phone and deleted the data (after backing it up) and now things seem to be running very nicely. So needless to say it has been a stressful couple days but diligence and studying got me where I needed to be (hopefully).

By the way no I have not gone to MK4 yet because of there not being any custom ROMs with additional features that make it worth it for me to do so. I will do so either once a custom ROM drops with the N3 air view features added and fully functional or when I purchase my Galaxy Gear. Until then I am going to run the MK4 modem which I have read improves reception and data speed. Thanks for the advice.

Mod this problem is officially solved and this thread can be closed and/or deleted.
If you decide to go to MK4 be sure to install Philz Cwm Recovery or your problems will start all over again