XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Internal Mic mutes with aux cable plugged in

Tip us?

Bumpredd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Internal Mic mutes with aux cable plugged in

I just picked the phone up and like it so far. However, when I plug my aux cable into it to play my music and calls through my car stereo, the microphone mutes. I'm coming from a Note ll from t-mo and didn't have this issue. The cable is a high quality monster.

Bumpredd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know this has been an issue of some sort or another for others but I haven't been able to find a fix so far, and I've run out of ideas.
Thank you everyone.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

h3ck
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpredd View Post
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know this has been an issue of some sort or another for others but I haven't been able to find a fix so far, and I've run out of ideas.
Thank you everyone.

Idk if it's just me but I've always seen this functionality be the case. I am fairly certain it was the case with my note 2 (tmobile) and definitely the case with my s3 (tmobile).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
My Devices
HTC One (M8) | Nexus 10
Backup: iPhone 4 - repurposed iPod Touch

Proud Android user since 2007 (G1)!

Past Devices: HTC Wing(MDA), G1, Mytouch 3G/4G, iPhone 3G/3GS, MyTouch 3G Slide, HTC HD2, BB 9100, LG G2x, Sensation, Note 2, Note 3

mnotz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Not sure if I follow correctly, but I use my Note 3 (and did use my Note 2 as well as my previous Galaxy S's) often just plugged into my car stereo with a regular mini-jack AUX cable and the microphone seems to work just fine, since people can hear me without a problem.
First smart phone was a HTC BlueAngel many years ago, dozens of phones since then, jumped to Android on the G1, currently on a Galaxy Note 3

Bumpredd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
As it turns out, that wasn't my only sound issue a couple of days later. My phone also decided it would mute the system volume and lock the slider for some unknown reason. I used a Samsung tech support chat and had to wipe the cache in the system recovery menu. Both issues seem to be solved for now. Thank you for your help. xda is an invaluable resource.