XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Command after Update Stuck

Tip us?

CallMeTut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] No Command after Update Stuck

Nexus 7 wifi only that wa srooted and has trwp installed and recieved the ota for 4.4.1 (I believe it was) this morning, after it started to reboot it gave me the dead android with exclimation point and the "no command" words under it. I can't reboot into anything it always brings up the "Google" words with the unlocked lock then it goes away... comes back then brings up the original dead android with "no command".

Afte a billion tries (after reading posts) I've figured out the power and +volume for recovery and went on to wipe data/factory reset... it went through the motions and when I went to reboot the system it again went to the dead android and the no command screen. I next did the wipe cache partition and again rebooted into the same result.

So that is where I'm being stuck at, to make things a bit funner, I'm currently away from my home pc where I have had my setup for rooting (i.e directory with img files and adb etc.) I am using a laptop on a poor internet connection but can intall all the files on it to re-flash an image if that will work.

While I'm not a total idiot (if any of ya know me, keep your comments to yourself)... I am not a power user on android so point me gently into the best location to grab the files I'll need to recover my Nexus please...

Thanks
Tutor

ajez
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Try google stock image. https://developers.google.com/androi...es#razorkot49h

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7

captcarl
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Same problem.

I found that by hitting the on/off key about 7-8 times and holding down the vol down key it will reboot normal.

Captn

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Same problem.

I found that by hitting the on/off key about 7-8 times and holding down the vol down key it will reboot normal.

Captn

ajez
Old
Thanks Meter 2
If u have flashed stock image with wipe and factory reset, it should work. Maybe a faulty unit. I cant help anymore

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CallMeTut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Found a Fix

After reading a lot of posts both here and at other forums I proceeded down the path of using Wug's Nexus Toolkit to reinstall factory images and drivers to get me back up and running. I do appreciate the help that was offered, and this (although time consuming) brought me back up to a 4.4.2 system but due to the fact that I had wiped data earlier in the process, My data not backed up to clouds were lost... not a big deal since I normally don't keep that type of stuff on the tablet... pushing a few hundred mp3's will be time consuming but oh well...

Pandae
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeTut View Post
After reading a lot of posts both here and at other forums I proceeded down the path of using Wug's Nexus Toolkit to reinstall factory images and drivers to get me back up and running. I do appreciate the help that was offered, and this (although time consuming) brought me back up to a 4.4.2 system but due to the fact that I had wiped data earlier in the process, My data not backed up to clouds were lost... not a big deal since I normally don't keep that type of stuff on the tablet... pushing a few hundred mp3's will be time consuming but oh well...
It's always advisable to make backups before an upgrade, whether it's Android or Windows. I didn't always as a matter of practice, but fortunately I did when I started having problems updating to 4.2.2 early this year. Eventually attempting the upgrade left me with a soft-brick, easily cured by booting into CWM to wipe and flash a stock ROM. Since then I've never relied on OTA upgrades. I always refresh my backups and flash a ROM cleanly.