Reflashed Stock ROM after soft brick. System Status is still Custom

Tip us?

vlex26
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Reflashed Stock ROM after soft brick. System Status is still Custom

Hello,

Recently soft bricked my Note 3 when trying some Google Wallet mods. Wasn't aware of KNOX and tried to flash CMW via Odin to try fix my issue but ended up setting the KNOX Warrenty flag to 0x1. I have since reflashed my stock rom but i noticed when i went back into Download mode, system status and Current Binary are still set to custom. i have performed a factory reset and nothing has changed it. Am i doing something incorrect with the reflashing or is this due to KNOX?

Thanks,
VLEX

hart.indodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlex26 View Post
Hello,

Recently soft bricked my Note 3 when trying some Google Wallet mods. Wasn't aware of KNOX and tried to flash CMW via Odin to try fix my issue but ended up setting the KNOX Warrenty flag to 0x1. I have since reflashed my stock rom but i noticed when i went back into Download mode, system status and Current Binary are still set to custom. i have performed a factory reset and nothing has changed it. Am i doing something incorrect with the reflashing or is this due to KNOX?

Thanks,
VLEX
you must be wipe factory data and wipe dalvic chace after reflashing in recovery mode and reboot system now again

if I help you pleaae click thanks button

CalcProgrammer1
Old
Thanks Meter 543
Knox flag is a permanent flag, it's a fuse in the CPU that once blown can't be reset (at least not without a Samsung internal tool). Everything will still look and work properly but the status will forever be marked as custom/Knox 1.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 16GB
HP TouchPad 32GB
Archos 43 Internet Tablet - 16GB + 32GB mSD
Dell Axim X50v - 128MB + 16GB CF

vlex26
Old
(Last edited by vlex26; 14th December 2013 at 01:37 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
Knox flag is a permanent flag, it's a fuse in the CPU that once blown can't be reset (at least not without a Samsung internal tool). Everything will still look and work properly but the status will forever be marked as custom/Knox 1.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Bugger . Would TriangleAway work with resetting the flash counter? ive used that previously on my S3.

CalcProgrammer1
Old
Thanks Meter 543
Nope, this is a new system altogether. The older phones used a flash counter stored in flash memory so as long as you could find the flash counter's location, you could reset it. E-fuses are basically just that, fuses. They come from the factory in one state and are permanent. Also known as one-time programmable read-only memory (OTP ROM). When you trip the Knox counter it blows a permanent fuse in the CPU. Now some users reported that they had their Knox counter reset at a store - there could be another section of the OTP memory used for some other value that tells it which OTP location (which "fuse") is the one holding Knox flag status and by burning another fuse could reset the counter, at least until every fuse has been blown (usually there are many hundreds of KB OTP memory so it's a big number, depends how they've programmed everything, also the knox status is only 1 or 2 bits - kernel and recovery flags).

That said nobody knows how exactly it works, we don't have source code for bootloader so right now there's no known hack. If you look in this forum there's a bounty of over $2000 for anyone who manages to figure it out as it's obviously something people want. Personally I don't really care, I blew the knox flag soon after I got it so I could flash a recovery and kernel.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 16GB
HP TouchPad 32GB
Archos 43 Internet Tablet - 16GB + 32GB mSD
Dell Axim X50v - 128MB + 16GB CF

BlueChris
Old
Thanks Meter 192

DONATE TO ME
You can simply install Wanam xposed and you can set status to official in there, it works in Stock kernel only, you can install now any custom rom you want but install after stock kernel and you always will be official.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

vlex26
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 56665952 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChris View Post
You can simply install Wanam xposed and you can set status to official in there, it works in Stock kernel only, you can install now any custom rom you want but install after stock kernel and you always will be official.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Ill give that a try. Ill report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
Nope, this is a new system altogether. The older phones used a flash counter stored in flash memory so as long as you could find the flash counter's location, you could reset it. E-fuses are basically just that, fuses. They come from the factory in one state and are permanent. Also known as one-time programmable read-only memory (OTP ROM). When you trip the Knox counter it blows a permanent fuse in the CPU. Now some users reported that they had their Knox counter reset at a store - there could be another section of the OTP memory used for some other value that tells it which OTP location (which "fuse") is the one holding Knox flag status and by burning another fuse could reset the counter, at least until every fuse has been blown (usually there are many hundreds of KB OTP memory so it's a big number, depends how they've programmed everything, also the knox status is only 1 or 2 bits - kernel and recovery flags).

That said nobody knows how exactly it works, we don't have source code for bootloader so right now there's no known hack. If you look in this forum there's a bounty of over $2000 for anyone who manages to figure it out as it's obviously something people want. Personally I don't really care, I blew the knox flag soon after I got it so I could flash a recovery and kernel.
Yeah i flagged mine a few days after buying but as i mentioned earlier, i wasn't aware of the added security. Well, hopefully someone can get around it. Whoever it is will defiantly get a nice pay cheque from it