XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hey Note 2 Community

Tip us?

tampaboy1984
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Default Hey Note 2 Community

Im a new owner of a AT&T Note 2. Already have phone updated to latest 4.1.2 OTA, Rooted with CF-AutoRoot, and have CWM Touch Recovery installed. My question is should I start off with Skynote 4.3 Edition or Ditto Note 3? I definitely want to keep TW functionality and all the S Pen goodies. Just looking for some feedback here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

tampaboy1984
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Already have SkyNote 4.3 Edition R9z downloaded. Thinking of downloading Ditto Note 3 as well just to have either ready to flash.

dyzfnktn
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaboy1984 View Post
Already have SkyNote 4.3 Edition R9z downloaded. Thinking of downloading Ditto Note 3 as well just to have either ready to flash.

If you plan on reverting back to 4.1.2 at some point don't flash the DN3 yet, it comes with the new KNOX bootloader. I'd go with sky note.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to dyzfnktn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tampaboy1984
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfnktn View Post
If you plan on reverting back to 4.1.2 at some point don't flash the DN3 yet, it comes with the new KNOX bootloader. I'd go with sky note.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
Do I need to flash the 4.3 bootloader to flash Skynote?

gokusama
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Do I need to flash the 4.3 bootloader to flash Skynote?

I didn't. Worked fine. I'm on DN3 now tho

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

figyu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Skynote 4.3 -> DN3

Quote:
Im a new owner of a AT&T Note 2. Already have phone updated to latest 4.1.2 OTA, Rooted with CF-AutoRoot, and have CWM Touch Recovery installed. My question is should I start off with Skynote 4.3 Edition or Ditto Note 3? I definitely want to keep TW functionality and all the S Pen goodies. Just looking for some feedback here.

I read a thread related to your question.
According to the thread, Skynote is first, and then DN3 for a successful flashing.
I don't know the reason.....

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokusama View Post
I didn't. Worked fine. I'm on DN3 now tho

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks...your comment is helpful for me.

519FlyBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Actually you can flash DN3 without worries as I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with the new 4.3 bootloader or KNOX crap, I just flashed DN3 1.0 AND DN3.1 separately and I checked download mode it says nothing about KNOX and I have made nandroid backups of DN3 no problems plus restored to a bunch of different backups I have of older versions and have had ZERO problems.. but don't just take my word for it maybe ask in the DN3 thread I'm sure they'll answer your questions. And BTW I would go with DN3 over SkyNote.. More features in DN3. Cheers

cpwall
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just looking over the DN3 thread because I've been waiting for it since they removed the download links the other day. Seeing a lot of issues with the flashing since this morning. For that reason I think I'll hold out on DN3 for another day or so and let them sort it out.

Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:

tampaboy1984 - Which one did you go with? How you liking it? I'm on Cleanrom 5 but am ready to move on.