Bluetooth problems

Tip us?

Michael61182
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default Bluetooth problems

I have problems with my bluetooth headphones. It will connect and I can hear music for about 1 minute then it stops, my phone becomes unresponsive then it will usually reboot but get stuck. I usually have to pull the battery to restart.
I'm curious if there is something that I have flashed in the past to cause this.
The headphones work fine on my wifes 4g touch and my galaxy tablet as well.
I've even unrooted and went back to stock but still no luck.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael61182 View Post
I have problems with my bluetooth headphones. It will connect and I can hear music for about 1 minute then it stops, my phone becomes unresponsive then it will usually reboot but get stuck. I usually have to pull the battery to restart.
I'm curious if there is something that I have flashed in the past to cause this.
The headphones work fine on my wifes 4g touch and my galaxy tablet as well.
I've even unrooted and went back to stock but still no luck.

Make sure all the screws in the back of the phone are very tight. If one is loose you may have a bad antenna connection.

Michael61182
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
I checked all the screws, they are all tight.

Michael61182
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
I'm wondering if I were to switch the motherboard out with a phone that has a bad ESN will that affect this phone?

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 259
The ESN follows the board unless you were to do that which we do not talk about on this board...
Hint
Hint.

Michael61182
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Interesting, I didnt have that in mind, but may be worth a try. I saw some cheap S2's on ebay with bad ESN's. I'm just interested in getting my bluetooth working. I removed my motherboard last night just to see if I could see anything work visually. I already sent my phone to Samsung but they said it was OOW for having a cracked screen. The wanted to charge $160 to fix it.

wizardknight
Old
(Last edited by wizardknight; 15th December 2013 at 03:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael61182 View Post
Interesting, I didnt have that in mind, but may be worth a try. I saw some cheap S2's on ebay with bad ESN's. I'm just interested in getting my bluetooth working. I removed my motherboard last night just to see if I could see anything work visually. I already sent my phone to Samsung but they said it was OOW for having a cracked screen. The wanted to charge $160 to fix it.

You can get used E4GTs all day long for under $100 in good condition on Craigslist where I am. I usually see them running $50-$75, but I paid $30 for the last one I bought.

I would suggest buying a new one, and selling the defective one on eBay for parts. If the shell is in fair condition someone will buy it.

The other option, if you are not under contract, is to consider an upgrade to the s4. I have seen some $0-$50 prices so far this holiday season.