XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A question about KNOX

Tip us?

Neobyte
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] A question about KNOX

So I'm recently getting into rooting again, and I had some questions about triggering KNOX, which I found in the device administrators section of settings when I updated my phone to 4.3. I know that Note 3 has been using it, and if you flash a ROM then the KNOX counter goes up, and you lose your warranty, and there's no way to lower the KNOX again. I haven't seen anything online about Note 2 using KNOX, so if I were to root my phone, would it set off my KNOX counter, or is Note 2 still using binary count?

twynn
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neobyte View Post
So I'm recently getting into rooting again, and I had some questions about triggering KNOX, which I found in the device administrators section of settings when I updated my phone to 4.3. I know that Note 3 has been using it, and if you flash a ROM then the KNOX counter goes up, and you lose your warranty, and there's no way to lower the KNOX again. I haven't seen anything online about Note 2 using KNOX, so if I were to root my phone, would it set off my KNOX counter, or is Note 2 still using binary count?
Knox is in the OTA 4.3 update for note 2

Neobyte
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by twynn View Post
Knox is in the OTA 4.3 update for note 2
So it WILL trigger it?

DreamingWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neobyte View Post
So it WILL trigger it?
Yes.

So I would suggest downgrading using the zip file from this thread.
That will get you back to the MC2 bootloader.

Then upgrade again using the directions from the first three posts of this thread. That will get you to 4.3 but with the MC2 bootloader which doesn't have Knox.
~DWolf
Certifiable flashaholic, tweak addict, noob coder and desperate to learn.
3StepApproach:
1. Read the XDA Philosophy | XDA WIKI | Forum Rules
2. Find and learn to use the search button (HINT - search the top right quadrant of any forum page)
3. Always remember to hit the THANKS button when someone has been helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to DreamingWolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]