Search This thread

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
Web Presence:
Twitter
Google+

Installation:

Boot into recovery and flash QRemote_V500.zip file.

Download:
HERE

Issues:
You may have to browse to /system/etc/init.d/ and set permissions for file 100Remote to match other files in folder. I had issues at first with proper file permissions so I update the install script but during my testing the Remote program will run even if I do not have proper permission for file.

Thanks to @sefnap for script he created for LG G2.

Last edited:

stratus1011

Apr 14, 2011
Awesome thanks. I was gonna create this but couldn't get the apk anymore after I had flashed.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Maelstr0m

Jan 8, 2011
hi! I tried it but don't seems to work with my Toshiba and Sony tv
I'm on cm11

Inviato dal mio LG-V500 con Tapatalk 4

Zarrick19

Mar 15, 2011
Košice
Gonna try it right as I get home. Anyway, it would be great if we could get the G2-like QRemote, not just the 'lite' one from the G Pad

stratus1011

Apr 14, 2011
No go for me on sale sony tv on cm11. Also neither bluray nor DVD have anything in their lists once you click those options.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

colwellkr

Dec 19, 2013
Is it possible to add Vizio the list of TV makes? This worked great before I moved CM11 and now that I am on CW11 I would love to get my QRemote back but this version post does not list Vizio tv's. (The version that came stock did)

If it helps, I have a backup of the stock rom I made before flashing.

Thanks!

Mixinitup4Christ

Jun 23, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
Web Presence:
Twitter
Google+

Installation:

Download:
HERE

Issues:
You may have to browse to /system/etc/init.d/ and set permissions for file 100Remote to match other files in folder. I had issues at first with proper file permissions so I update the install script but during my testing the Remote program will run even if I do not have proper permission for file.

Did you notice in the system dump of my GPE that there was a LGQRemote.apk? I ran the APK from root explorer but I didn't get any icons in my launcher.

colwellkr

Dec 19, 2013
Is it possible to add Vizio the list of TV makes? This worked great before I moved CM11 and now that I am on CW11 I would love to get my QRemote back but this version post does not list Vizio tv's. (The version that came stock did)

Thanks!

Hey AndroidUser00110001 (or anyone), did you see my post (also above) and do you have any ideas? :/ thanks!

Reactions: Techdread

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
Hey AndroidUser00110001 (or anyone), did you see my post (also above) and do you have any ideas? :/ thanks!

This is not even working fully yet. I lost track of this due to working on GPE ROM. When I have more time I can check why it is not fully working.

From what I have seen the only way to ad other devices would be for LG to allow it. LG encrypts their IR blaster so only devices listed in the quickset device profile work if LGs IR blaster unless someone can crack the encryption. You can search play store for quickset and install the version from play store to see if it has more devices but IR not working yet on AOSP based ROMs yet.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

colwellkr

Dec 19, 2013
This is not even working fully yet. I lost track of this due to working on GPE ROM. When I have more time I can check why it is not fully working.

From what I have seen the only way to ad other devices would be for LG to allow it. LG encrypts their IR blaster so only devices listed in the quickset device profile work if LGs IR blaster unless someone can crack the encryption. You can search play store for quickset and install the version from play store to see if it has more devices but IR not working yet on AOSP based ROMs yet.

Oh okay, I take it the reason it was working before is because then I was on LG's ROM not an AOSP rom? If this is case, would the backup I made of the LG ROM be of any use? I could pull out the quick remote app or something.

I don't know much about coding for android devices but I can still help. Let me know what I can do to get this project rolling again!

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
Oh okay, I take it the reason it was working before is because then I was on LG's ROM not an AOSP rom? If this is case, would the backup I made of the LG ROM be of any use? I could pull out the quick remote app or something.

I don't know much about coding for android devices but I can still help. Let me know what I can do to get this project rolling again!

The app is from the LG ROM... Going to have to debug more and see what's going on. You can use the Android SDK or app from play store to see logcat output and see where the errors are. I just don't have time to work on it right now...

Sent from my LG-V510 using XDA Premium HD app

colwellkr

Dec 19, 2013
The app is from the LG ROM... Going to have to debug more and see what's going on. You can use the Android SDK or app from play store to see logcat output and see where the errors are. I just don't have time to work on it right now...

Sent from my LG-V510 using XDA Premium HD app

Okay, thanks. I don't know how to edit any code in these apps so I'll leave it people who do. In the mean time I'll search for solutions others may have found. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
@AndroidUser00110001 I really hope we can get this going, It's the only thing I miss from the LG Rom :(

I no longer have v500, returned it and waiting for my v510 to get here. Hopefully we can figure something out that works on both models.

If you check in the G2 themes and apps forum there is a way to get QRemote working with AOSP ROMs and maybe the same method and/or files will work on G Pad.

colwellkr

Dec 19, 2013
I no longer have v500, returned it and waiting for my v510 to get here. Hopefully we can figure something out that works on both models.

If you check in the G2 themes and apps forum there is a way to get QRemote working with AOSP ROMs and maybe the same method and/or files will work on G Pad.

My friend got it working on his g2 by just download an apk, but trying to put that apk on a v500 (running cm11) unfortunately does not work.

Reactions: harmgeert

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
I reckon you'd need a lot of LG framework in order to make this work on AOSP. I wont stop you tho, would be neat. ^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Web Presence:
    Twitter
    Google+

Installation:

Download:
    HERE

Issues:

I was just trying to help the other lost souls with the GPE in the thread. But it may be of use for you AOSP people to try the new version of the Q remote app that was updated for lollipop.

Here's the apk from the latest Lollipop build.
    LGQRemote.apk - 3.95 MB

There's also some quickset apks, but they appear to be unchanged from KitKat.
    If anyone is still trying to get this to work on a GPE G Pad, all you have to do is use an app called Any Cut from the play store (it's free) and make a shortcut to the q remote app. I'm stock rooted running ART and I successfully paired my Sony TV plus DirecTV receiver. It's not the fanciest remote app, but it sure beats a completely useless IR port.

Thanks!

My friend got it working on his g2 by just download an apk, but trying to put that apk on a v500 (running cm11) unfortunately does not work.