5,604,122 Members 49,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocked i527, IMEI Unknown? How Do I Recover?

Tip us?

Araltd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Exclamation Unlocked i527, IMEI Unknown? How Do I Recover?

I recently rooted my i527 then unlocked it for use on T-Mobile, And it was working just fine, Getting Signal and EDGE, So earlier this morning I took out my sim card and rebooted the phone a few times, Changing the APN from epc.tmobile.com to fast.tmobile.com thinking that was going to get me from going from EDGE to 4G or LTE... Yeah Right! Little did I know, It requires a lot more than just changing the APN.. But thats beside the point.

Anyway, While I was taking my sim out and rebooting, After once or twice of doing this, The phone would not come up with T-Mobile signal AT ALL. After a while of just blankness it would pick up What Im guessing is WCDMA signal or something, But not T-Mobile Active signal like it was doing just fine before. So after 20 or so reboots (thinking that was the problem), And looking around, I noticed that the phone is not issuing a IMEI number. Not in settings, and not *#06# either. The IMEI number has been lost. When I go to settings to view it in About Device it just says "Unknown". I'm assuming this is my problem, Once I get the phones IMEI number back, It will pick up T-Mobile signal again.

At the beginning of this, I was simply trying to get high speed data on the device.. Now I can't even make and receive phone calls. Any help on how to recover the IMEI would be great, and highly appreciated.

Thanks
If that helped, press THANKS.
T-Mobile Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 on DarthStalker Rom
Sold iPhone 4 Unlocked

CLICK ME

ray.azfloortech@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araltd View Post
I recently rooted my i527 then unlocked it for use on T-Mobile, And it was working just fine, Getting Signal and EDGE, So earlier this morning I took out my sim card and rebooted the phone a few times, Changing the APN from epc.tmobile.com to fast.tmobile.com thinking that was going to get me from going from EDGE to 4G or LTE... Yeah Right! Little did I know, It requires a lot more than just changing the APN.. But thats beside the point.

Anyway, While I was taking my sim out and rebooting, After once or twice of doing this, The phone would not come up with T-Mobile signal AT ALL. After a while of just blankness it would pick up What Im guessing is WCDMA signal or something, But not T-Mobile Active signal like it was doing just fine before. So after 20 or so reboots (thinking that was the problem), And looking around, I noticed that the phone is not issuing a IMEI number. Not in settings, and not *#06# either. The IMEI number has been lost. When I go to settings to view it in About Device it just says "Unknown". I'm assuming this is my problem, Once I get the phones IMEI number back, It will pick up T-Mobile signal again.

At the beginning of this, I was simply trying to get high speed data on the device.. Now I can't even make and receive phone calls. Any help on how to recover the IMEI would be great, and highly appreciated.

Thanks

If you still have the unlock code try reseting the phone using kies... then see if your imei comes back..

artnada
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Used ODIN to install correct ROM. This might help.

Get your officla ROM from http://www.sammobile.com/

azpatterson3
Old
(Last edited by azpatterson3; 8th December 2013 at 01:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 121

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Unlocked i527, IMEI Unknown? How Do I Recover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpatterson3 View Post
SamMobile still doesn't have AT&T sgh-i527 firmware. Use kies to recover your phone or odin with the posted firmware on this forum. Kies would be the safest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
Gear 2 Neo Apps Please.

torreon901
Old
Thanks Meter 3
please let us know if you can get it to work and how you did it.

dhofar
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Used wanam xposed for 9205@mg7 .

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Araltd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
I tried to flash using the bootloader option in ODIN with the MD5 File from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2558602 in which the flash was successful, HOWEVER No IMEI Recovery.. The baseband and build number changed but the IMEI still says Unknown.

Does any one have any solution? Any idea on how to recover the IMEI?

Thanks
If that helped, press THANKS.
T-Mobile Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 on DarthStalker Rom
Sold iPhone 4 Unlocked

CLICK ME

artnada
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
I tried to flash using the bootloader option in ODIN with the MD5 File from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2558602 in which the flash was successful, HOWEVER No IMEI Recovery.. The baseband and build number changed but the IMEI still says Unknown.

Thanks
Try flashing the modem for your phone.

vizza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
use odin

fixit35
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:

Thanks
You will need Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0 installed on your computer Use efs professional on your computer found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1308546
make sure you have root and install busybox on phone. run the EFS Professional exe file from the downloaded file from link i posted there will be a pop up window with three options pick the efs professional tab give it time to connect you will need to give permission on phone for adb if all done right it will say ready on program. across top of the program there will be four tabs click the qualcomm tab now there will be more options click on qualcomm nv tools tab let it connect. now there will be a new window for qualcomm nv tools hit the connect button now you will see your imei at bottom if your imei is not there put it in imei box and then click the write tab. hope this helps.

Tags
i527, imei, recover, unknown