XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Overclock not working.

Tip us?

mscooksey21
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Overclock not working.

Okay so I have Android tuner installed right now(Have tried many other similar cpu governor also.), and every time I bring the slider up to 2.72ghz it jumps back down to stock freq. I can get around it by reducing the low clock then raising the high clock freq's, but it's only temporary. It eventually jumps back to stock. Now.. I hear this may have something to do with the voltage. But I dont know nearly enough to mess with it. If anyone has any info or even a step by step guide to tweaking voltage please point me in the right direction. I am currently running a stock debloated touchwiz rom/rooted and with the lean kernel. Everything else on the phone is running impeccably.
The Following User Says Thank You to mscooksey21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7345
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscooksey21 View Post
Okay so I have Android tuner installed right now(Have tried many other similar cpu governor also.), and every time I bring the slider up to 2.72ghz it jumps back down to stock freq. I can get around it by reducing the low clock then raising the high clock freq's, but it's only temporary. It eventually jumps back to stock. Now.. I hear this may have something to do with the voltage. But I dont know nearly enough to mess with it. If anyone has any info or even a step by step guide to tweaking voltage please point me in the right direction. I am currently running a stock debloated touchwiz rom/rooted and with the lean kernel. Everything else on the phone is running impeccably.
I'm unfamiliar with any of the lean kernel characteristics, but the beast kernel only supports overclocking, not undervolting. I use SetCPU, profiles enabled, very basic. See screenshot.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

mscooksey21
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars View Post
I'm unfamiliar with any of the lean kernel characteristics, but the beast kernel only supports overclocking, not undervolting. I use SetCPU, profiles enabled, very basic. See screenshot.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Thank's. I just gave this a try but it seems to be sticking at 2.7ghz right now despite the profiles I set. It's been doing this since I rooted my phone and did it even while I was running beastmode.
I'm at a loss. =/

mscooksey21
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Still gaving this problem. Everytime I try to change cpu freq I get the message failed to change cpu settings.

millerboy3
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscooksey21 View Post
Still gaving this problem. Everytime I try to change cpu freq I get the message failed to change cpu settings.
have you tried a different kernel?
Line 1:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Hardware Version: N900P.12
Baseband: N900PVPUBMJ4
PRL: 55016
Rom: Stock ROOTED MJ4
Recovery: Stock

Line 2:
Samsung Galaxy S4 White

Hardware: L720.08
Baseband: L720VPUAMF9