[UFT][MOD/ICONS] Minimalist stencil notification icons - now with D/L link!! oops!

Search This thread

itiskonrad

Dec 5, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
1.) I'm really glad people enjoy the icon set. I worked really hard to literally draw all of those from scratch, including all the hundreds of battery pngs. All in all it took me about 2 months to get them looking nice. That said, it would have been really nice if someone had let me know they were using all my original icons for a new thread, considering I literally had no idea my work was adopted into another project until I stumbled on this thread and no one even thanked my original thread. I don't mean to be rude, and I'm not even suggesting whoever should have asked my permission (it's a free country and I posted them on the internet), but it just would have been nice if someone had given me some sort of heads up.

2.) As one of you mentioned, besides the icons, I did some funny stuff specific for the original rom, including screwing up the spacing of the icons since each rom seems to have its own quirks about that (you can see from the image, here the Wi-Fi and cell signal icons are too close together, while there's a bit too much space to the left of the Wi-Fi). I'm just saying it's really cool this is fairly universal, but you'll probably have to tweak that stuff case by case to get it to look really nice.

Last edited:

BiggDavin

Mar 7, 2010
Dallas, TX
Boot loop issue...

I really like this mod! However, with the 4.4.2 (Dandroid SGS4 GPe) update, I seem to be experiencing boot loops if I try flashing this... anyone else having this issue? TRusselo, is there anything that needs to be updated for 4.4.2? (4.4 was working PERFECTLY!)

Steps I used to duplicate it a few times:
Full wipe.
Install ROM.
Install stencil mod.
Wipe cache(s).
*boot loop*

EDIT: Downloaded latest version and doesn't boot loop, but I don't have the stencil icons... am I missing something?

Last edited:

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
I really like this mod! However, with the 4.4.2 (Dandroid SGS4 GPe) update, I seem to be experiencing boot loops if I try flashing this... anyone else having this issue? TRusselo, is there anything that needs to be updated for 4.4.2? (4.4 was working PERFECTLY!)

Full wipe.
Install ROM.
Install stencil mod.
Wipe cache(s).
*boot loop*

EDIT: Downloaded latest version and doesn't boot loop, but I don't have the stencil icons... am I missing something?

I have no idea what's going on with you but I flashed the update this morning and the exact same mod that's posted in this thread and all is working fine for me.

I'm about to flash his update that he finished a half hour ago, while talking to me

Reactions: `SBR` and BiggDavin

BiggDavin

Mar 7, 2010
Dallas, TX
I have no idea what's going on with you but I flashed the update this morning and the exact same mod that's posted in this thread and all is working fine for me.

I'm about to flash his update that he finished a half hour ago, while talking to me

So, flashed it again after that most recent update and it seems to have worked... sorry, probably user error? :(

RyaEngel

Nov 12, 2012
www.foxhoundrom.net
Thank you so much ;) workt fine for me :laugh:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-16-18-06-39.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-16-18-06-39.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 197

BiggDavin

Mar 7, 2010
Dallas, TX
these icons are originally by itiskonrad from the att thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2275858

I ported these to a Universal Flash Tool zip, to cleanly morph/mod AOSP, GE and TW roms.
the zip will create a UNDO zip on your sdcard

Screenshot_2013-05-11-09-00-56-1.png

here is my setup...
Screenshot_2013-12-06-20-01-22.png

Gravity box:
Statusbar Colors > #33b5e5
Center Clock / Hide am/pm / Show day of week
Battery Indicator style> None
Enable Brightness Control

Xui Mod ( http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2477558 ) for:
Battery Bar mod !!!!

just thought i would share.

Download link.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19201431/Files/[UFT]Stencil Statusbar Icon Mod.zip

Can you post an updated link? The Dropbox link gives a 404 message now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    these icons are originally by itiskonrad from the att thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2275858

I ported these to a Universal Flash Tool zip, to cleanly morph/mod AOSP, GE and TW roms.
    the zip will create a UNDO zip on your sdcard

Screenshot_2013-05-11-09-00-56-1.png

here is my setup...
    Screenshot_2013-12-06-20-01-22.png

Gravity box:
    Statusbar Colors > #33b5e5
    Center Clock / Hide am/pm / Show day of week
    Battery Indicator style> None
    Enable Brightness Control

Xui Mod ( http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2477558 ) for:
    Battery Bar mod !!!!

just thought i would share.

Download link.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19201431/Files/[UFT]Stencil Statusbar Icon Mod.zip
    1.) I'm really glad people enjoy the icon set. I worked really hard to literally draw all of those from scratch, including all the hundreds of battery pngs. All in all it took me about 2 months to get them looking nice. That said, it would have been really nice if someone had let me know they were using all my original icons for a new thread, considering I literally had no idea my work was adopted into another project until I stumbled on this thread and no one even thanked my original thread. I don't mean to be rude, and I'm not even suggesting whoever should have asked my permission (it's a free country and I posted them on the internet), but it just would have been nice if someone had given me some sort of heads up.

2.) As one of you mentioned, besides the icons, I did some funny stuff specific for the original rom, including screwing up the spacing of the icons since each rom seems to have its own quirks about that (you can see from the image, here the Wi-Fi and cell signal icons are too close together, while there's a bit too much space to the left of the Wi-Fi). I'm just saying it's really cool this is fairly universal, but you'll probably have to tweak that stuff case by case to get it to look really nice.

Full wipe.
    Install ROM.
    Install stencil mod.
    Wipe cache(s).
    *boot loop*

There's already somebody that did the job on the given thread, what did you exactly do ?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41603804&postcount=10
    Looks nice, but where is the .zip :confused: