XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not registered on network?

Tip us?

hashoomy09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Not registered on network?

Hi, I currently have a Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile. It's baseband version is M919UVUAMDL. I recently attempted to root my phone with my MacBook Pro. I found a tutorial on the XDA Forum but when I attempted it I get this:
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
Claiming interface...
Setting up interface...

Initialising protocol...
Protocol initialisation successful.

Beginning session...

Some devices may take up to 2 minutes to respond.
Please be patient!

Session begun.

Downloading device's PIT file...
PIT file download successful.

Uploading RECOVERY
100%
RECOVERY upload successful

Uploading CACHE
100%
CACHE upload successful

Ending session...
Rebooting device...
Releasing device interface...

After my phone reboots, I use root checker and it said my phone was not rooted. I basically gave up after that and later I attempted to call a friend of mine and my phone told me that I was not "registered on a network". I would get full signal bars but I could not call, text, or use web. I don't want to restore my phone and if there is a solution, can I have on that works on the MacBook Pro? I don't have any other computer and this is my only phone. Thanks!
P.S. This is the thread I used: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442262

lagunas11
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Well ask your friend I'd he has a computer.. Rooting a phone through a computer is less risky and easier.. But.. Check your apn on mobile networks and check your phones status to see what it says.. If it says it's costumised or costum if it doesn't say that then just all off the insurance so u won't have to keep stressing out man.. But like I said... Check your apn o and one more thing.. Check your IMEI.. If it says 0 then there's your answer...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app