[Q] Disguise Tablet as another?

Tip us?

NessD
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Disguise Tablet as another?

Hi there!
Is there a way to disguise my Tablet (Medion Lifetab) as something different, something more common, like a Nexus 10 or Galaxy 10 or something, so I can access certain Apps from the store? Searched, but couldn't really find something.

Thanks in advance
NessD

gibbylinks
Old
(Last edited by gibbylinks; 15th December 2013 at 11:04 AM.) Reason: Added info
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NessD View Post
Hi there!
Is there a way to disguise my Tablet (Medion Lifetab) as something different, something more common, like a Nexus 10 or Galaxy 10 or something, so I can access certain Apps from the store? Searched, but couldn't really find something.

Thanks in advance
NessD
Apps from Google Play store don't know what type of Tablet you have, it doesn't work that way. I'm just guessing here, but I think it depends what flavour of Android (Gingerbread, Jelly Bean, Kit Kat) your running and the version of the App Store your running as to what you can download. (Maybe someone with more knowledge could confirm this)

Best bet for you is to research Custom ROM's and see what is avaliable, you might be able to run CyanogenMod or something. Look for forums for your specific tab maybe google it.

Hope that helps.

** Quick Google search for "Medion Lifetab Custom ROM" brought this up, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097162 suggest you start learning to use the internet better ;0)

NessD
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbylinks View Post
Apps from Google Play store don't know what type of Tablet you have, it doesn't work that way. I'm just guessing here, but I think it depends what flavour of Android (Gingerbread, Jelly Bean, Kit Kat) your running and the version of the App Store your running as to what you can download. (Maybe someone with more knowledge could confirm this)

Best bet for you is to research Custom ROM's and see what is avaliable, you might be able to run CyanogenMod or something. Look for forums for your specific tab maybe google it.

Hope that helps.
I now edited the build.prop of my device and it worked. Thanks anyway!