5,600,919 Members 42,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Would you consider Nexus 5 instead of P6?

Tip us?

samomamo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223
I received the P6, used it for couple of days, and I compared it to Nexus 5. So this is what I think. P6 is the Best looking and very high quality android phone right now. But it has some flaws with ergonomics. The sides feel very sharp and because of that it feels very uncomfortable in hands. I feel like I'm going to drop it all the time ( when trying to unlock the screen or take pictures). And the software looks interesting like mix of iOS and Android, but its slow very slow if I compared it to Nexus 5. I even updated the software to b111 and it got smoother but not that much, and I think right now if I wait for Huawei to upgrade the software to make it more smoother its still is going to have glitches. Something is wrong with the processor or the GPU. So I decides to return it . thank all of u for replying and answering some questions. But its better to own the device and use it yourself to know which is better for yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

warea
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by samomamo View Post
I received the P6, used it for couple of days, and I compared it to Nexus 5. So this is what I think. P6 is the Best looking and very high quality android phone right now. But it has some flaws with ergonomics. The sides feel very sharp and because of that it feels very uncomfortable in hands. I feel like I'm going to drop it all the time ( when trying to unlock the screen or take pictures). And the software looks interesting like mix of iOS and Android, but its slow very slow if I compared it to Nexus 5. I even updated the software to b111 and it got smoother but not that much, and I think right now if I wait for Huawei to upgrade the software to make it more smoother its still is going to have glitches. Something is wrong with the processor or the GPU. So I decides to return it . thank all of u for replying and answering some questions. But its better to own the device and use it yourself to know which is better for yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Well clearly it wouldn't be as smooth as the Snapdragon 800 powering a kitkat, on the Nexus 5. The CPU and GPU are no comparison.

But compared to other launcher skins coming on devices of other brands, the launcher is impressive and smooth enough. The b111 rom you used was 3 months older and there was some newer roms that provide better speed, but nonetheless it wouldn't be equal as the Nexus 5 as of yet, although i haven't used a Nexus 5. Hopefully the Kitkat+emui 2.0 upgrade coming January would provide better performance in terms of UI and daily usage.

Huawei Ascend P6-U06 (EMUI2.3+KitKat)