XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possibly stuck in recovery? Updated to CM 11/Android 4.4

Tip us?

shamrocks010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Possibly stuck in recovery? Updated to CM 11/Android 4.4

Earlier today I was running CM 10.2 on Android 4.3.2. I checked the nightlies for the first time in awhile saw CM 11 with Android 4.4 was out so I decided to flash it. However I ran into a problem I've never faced before, the install kept failing in recovery. I did some research and it appears the problem is that I have an outdated version of TWRP that doesn't work with 4.4 for some reason.

Here's the real problem. I don't have any backups or any other zips on my sd card I can install. Only CM 11 and the 4.4 gapps, so I'm stuck in recovery. I've looked into ways of putting files (such as another ROM so I could flash and get out)on your phone when you're stuck in recovery and the only methods I've found involve adb. Adb solutions don't work for me because I don't have the HTC one drivers installed so the device can't be found.

Anything I can do here? I've run out of ideas.

Chilidog
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocks010 View Post
Earlier today I was running CM 10.2 on Android 4.3.2. I checked the nightlies for the first time in awhile saw CM 11 with Android 4.4 was out so I decided to flash it. However I ran into a problem I've never faced before, the install kept failing in recovery. I did some research and it appears the problem is that I have an outdated version of TWRP that doesn't work with 4.4 for some reason.

Here's the real problem. I don't have any backups or any other zips on my sd card I can install. Only CM 11 and the 4.4 gapps, so I'm stuck in recovery. I've looked into ways of putting files (such as another ROM so I could flash and get out)on your phone when you're stuck in recovery and the only methods I've found involve adb. Adb solutions don't work for me because I don't have the HTC one drivers installed so the device can't be found.

Anything I can do here? I've run out of ideas.
You have to install the drivers.

shamrocks010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilidog View Post
You have to install the drivers.
How? It's just showing up in device manager as "MTP USB Device." HTC sync isn't detecting it and updating the drivers.

karn101
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocks010 View Post
How? It's just showing up in device manager as "MTP USB Device." HTC sync isn't detecting it and updating the drivers.
How did you flash the recovery on your phone? I'm pretty sure they're installed. Did you try ADB Sideload yet?