XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Out Of Space ? Help

Tip us?

rkumbhar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] Out Of Space ? Help

I Am trying to install The Dark Knight Rises , It apk is of 12.29 mb and its data is of 2.2gb i got 3gb free space after cpying data into sd card and in device memory i got 449 mb free . But When I Install APK it shows out of space what should i do . I am using S.V.H.D 2.1.0 version . Help Me Urgently

rkumbhar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
please help me ...

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1539
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumbhar View Post
please help me ...
Rules of XDA include NOT bumping your own threads within 24 hours.

This is definitely not an urgent problem - you can't install a game, so what ...

Wait and see if someone chooses to help you, but try to remember that XDA is free and people have lives away from here which are much more important.
Sent from the darkest corners of my mind
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimonTS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SimonTS
Old
(Last edited by SimonTS; 15th December 2013 at 12:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1539
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumbhar View Post
I Am trying to install The Dark Knight Rises , It apk is of 12.29 mb and its data is of 2.2gb i got 3gb free space after cpying data into sd card and in device memory i got 449 mb free . But When I Install APK it shows out of space what should i do . I am using S.V.H.D 2.1.0 version . Help Me Urgently
And now that I'm awake ... you do NOT have enough space. The app wants to install the data onto your internal space (449MB), not your external SD-Card. With older versions of Android it was easier to install to SD-Card - some apps even gave you the option I seem to remember - but under v4.0+ it is a lot more difficult, and normally requires you to install to internal memory first before moving the data.

Maybe someone else out there has a better idea, but I think you're going to struggle to install this. You can always use Google to search for instaling to SD-Card and you will find stuff about
Quote:
adb shell pm set-install-location 2
but many apps won't like that (widgets especially are a real problem), or will run badly, so you will just have to play and try it out.

And considering it sounds like you are attempting to install a pirated version of the game, I hope that it fails or, worse, you get some nasty malware. The game is only $1 at the moment on the Play Store.
Sent from the darkest corners of my mind
The Following User Says Thank You to SimonTS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]