KitKat compass problem

Search This thread

cro9714

Dec 15, 2013
Hello everyone,

this is my first post so I cannot write (yet) in development thread.

I have installed CM 11.0 w/Espresso10++ 3.0.101. Compass was not working at all with 7-12 version, and now with 13-12 it turnsa around, but it is giving wrong position all the time. Anyone other with similar problems? Any solutions? My device is P3100.

Calibration (=rotation in all 3 axes) did not work.

Thank you in advance ;)

Last edited:

sharingan

May 30, 2013
Hello everyone,

this is my first post so I cannot write (yet) in development thread.

I have installed CM 11.0 w/Espresso10++ 3.0.101. Compass was not working at all with 7-12 version, and now with 13-12 it turnsa around, but it is giving wrong position all the time. Anyone other with similar problems? Any solutions? My device is P3100.

Calibration (=rotation in all 3 axes) did not work.

Thank you in advance ;)

brother cm 11 is still in initial stages so such problems will occur for sure so sit with your fingers crossed and see when it gets better and better
also write about this issue in cm11 thread
the dev will definitely think about the bug and will try to solve it

cro9714

Dec 15, 2013

brother cm 11 is still in initial stages so such problems will occur for sure so sit with your fingers crossed and see when it gets better and better
also write about this issue in cm11 thread
the dev will definitely think about the bug and will try to solve it

Of course, I am just curious if only I have this problem. As i mentioned, I still cannot write in CM11 dev topic (<10 posts).

Other than compass, bugs that I experience are:

- dialpad won't show when I click on it (I have to click once again)
- ES file explorer does not recognize sdcard1 as an external card (works on stock)

Everything other works perfectly. I am extremely satisfied with this ROM. I use compass daily so I would like to hear feedback from the other users.

Thank you in advance ;)

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
It´s a know Problem and Cody is working on the Compass problem
(...)Ok so the geomagnetic sensor seems to be oriented, so that you can get a correct heading from it,
but for now you will have to select the option in the compass app you use to disable the accellerometer
as most app use it in conjunction with the geomagnetic sensor to help compensate for movement.

I didn't get to mess with the rotation for the accell sensor but I will play with that next.

I tested with the app called smart compass, Go into settings and scroll to the bottom
there is an option for the accellerometer, uncheck it and you can get a compass reading.

If the app starts in a weird orientation you can select settings then landscape mode to change
the orientation of the app.
(...)

I still need to mess with the accellerometer setting; This is with the opensource sensor drivers,(...)

For ES file explorer does not recognize sdcard1 as an external card (works on stock):

Report it to ES Team too.

sharingan

May 30, 2013
Of course, I am just curious if only I have this problem. As i mentioned, I still cannot write in CM11 dev topic (<10 posts).

Other than compass, bugs that I experience are:

- dialpad won't show when I click on it (I have to click once again)
- ES file explorer does not recognize sdcard1 as an external card (works on stock)

Everything other works perfectly. I am extremely satisfied with this ROM. I use compass daily so I would like to hear feedback from the other users.

Thank you in advance ;)

sd card problem is there
dont worry will be solved soon

CodyF86

Jul 4, 2013
Grand Junction, CO
Compass works if you tell it to not use the accellerometer for now. Might have to use an app that gives
you that option. Also the problem is the the ES app. File manager HD works fine. ES has done that since
10.2. Use file manager hd it works fine, es doesn't seem to want to fix it.

Reactions: Android-Andi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Compass works if you tell it to not use the accellerometer for now. Might have to use an app that gives
    you that option. Also the problem is the the ES app. File manager HD works fine. ES has done that since
    10.2. Use file manager hd it works fine, es doesn't seem to want to fix it.