XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ever get used to the size?

Tip us?

saxblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Ever get used to the size?

I know this topic was discussed a few years ago but I'd really like some modern input....

I just upgraded from the Verizon Galaxy Nexus and I've been using the Note 3 for about 1.5 days. I did a lot of research into this phone prior to purchasing it but despite checking it out in stores and using the size comparison tool on Phone Arena I was still unprepared for the size when it comes to daily use (I'm using the Ballistic SG Maxx case for use at work which doesn't help). So...

How long does it take to get used to the size of the phone? (I accidentally saw my reflection while talking on the phone and immediately thought I looked a little goofy). I've definitely gotten comments from others about the size and some have thrown the unfortunate "pha..." word around.

That being said, it's not about what other people think of this, it's about how comfortable I am with it. So again, how long to get used to it?

Thanks!

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 313
It took me about two minutes to get used to my Note 2, coming from Galaxy Nexus. Note 3 is easier to use, in a lot of ways. But everyone is different. You definitely should be thinking about some possible different options. This device is not for everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam30era For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr. HQ
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Smile Slim Armor

I use the Spigen Slim Armor "Metal Slate" case.

I'd suggest trying a slimmer case to help you get used to the size.

It took me 3 seconds to get used to it using this case.

neyenlives
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Are you kidding? It's definitely a two handed device but there is a one handed option in the settings that you might try.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

P2o8wer
Old
Thanks Meter 68
It becomes a normal sized phone in no time.

Reilly1812
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Just turned on my old Droid Charge to grab a file from. Rather than my Note feeling big my Charge felt and looked tiny. My Note is the one that feels "just right" now...

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

2swizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 315
"ever get use to the size?" that's what she said, and I told her just enjoy the ride baby

oneandroidnut
Old
Thanks Meter 320
Use the htc one max for a week then use note again. Feels like an iPhone lol

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyenlives View Post
Are you kidding? It's definitely a two handed device but there is a one handed option in the settings that you might try.

No it isn't depends on person I'm 6'4" & have big hands I have no trouble using note with one hand. I can reach all parts of screen and everything. The htc one max now is different story lol

Currents:
Galaxy Note 3 Developer Edition Hyperdrive RLS 7 Lean Kernel v1.12
Droid X
Sold:
HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One, Nexus 7 Flo 32 GB, Google Chromecast, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 7.0, HTC DNA, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible, Xoom 32 GB, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid X2, Droid X

wrichards2009
Old
Thanks Meter 38
It sucks when you get used to the size. Then you can't use anything else. IPhone, moto x, HTC one aren't even on the radar anymore lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13152
Please use the sticky for this discussion ...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2466108
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe