XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Force roaming in AOSP

Tip us?

wolfclan68
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default [Q] Force roaming in AOSP

I'm surprised our brilliant devs haven't got a built in force roam option into the AOSP Roms. For many months I was running SuperJelly bareback M4 which I was pleasantly surprised I could go into wireless settings and just select "roam". It's very useful in those places with terrible signal, especially coupled with a good corporate PRL that gives Verizon 3G roaming. Would be outstanding to have it in AOSP as well. Is there a reason why it can't be done in AOSP? I know there are apps like Roam Control, but if it's already in a Sense Rom/DeSensed why can't it be in all.
LG G2 LS980 Optimus DE 2.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P-5113 10.1, SlimKat 4.1

Retired:
HTC EVO 4G LTE Rooted/Stock 4.3
Samsung Moment (Crappiece)

paul1732
Old
Thanks Meter 1
For some reason PRL switching doesn't work outside of Sense roms. I've read that this is related to not having Sprint Zone installed. You could flash a sense rom, switch the PRL, then flash an AOSP rom but that would leave you stuck on roaming.

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

baknblack
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfclan68 View Post
I'm surprised our brilliant devs haven't got a built in force roam option into the AOSP Roms. For many months I was running SuperJelly bareback M4 which I was pleasantly surprised I could go into wireless settings and just select "roam". It's very useful in those places with terrible signal, especially coupled with a good corporate PRL that gives Verizon 3G roaming. Would be outstanding to have it in AOSP as well. Is there a reason why it can't be done in AOSP? I know there are apps like Roam Control, but if it's already in a Sense Rom/DeSensed why can't it be in all.
You have to buy it but, the Roam control app works on aosp.
Have to Google it. Not on the play store.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk