5,598,171 Members 44,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

i9500 persistant message notification not going away

Tip us?

Caniv
Old
(Last edited by Caniv; 15th December 2013 at 02:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default i9500 persistant message notification not going away

Hey guys
my mom has an S4 (i9500) and since like 3 months ago she has the "1 new message" (text message) popup every time she unlocks the phone but there are no new messeges, yesterday i even deleted all the messeges but still, it didnt fix the issue.

any idea?

android 4.2.2 stock, unrooted and locked, no modifications at all were made to the phone.

i tried going into the app manager and deleting the cache, stopping and restarting the message app but it didnt work.

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 452

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniv View Post
Hey guys
my mom has an S4 (i9500) and since like 3 months ago she has the "1 new message" (text message) popup every time she unlocks the phone but there are no new messeges, yesterday i even deleted all the messeges but still, it didnt fix the issue.

any idea?

android 4.2.2 stock, unrooted and locked, no modifications at all were made to the phone.

i tried going into the app manager and deleting the cache, stopping and restarting the message app but it didnt work.
Make a factory reset. The easiest way to perform a Factory Reset on your Samsung Galaxy S4 is from within the menu settings:

Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.

Please remember to back up any data you want to keep first! In the Factory reset screen you also have the option to Backup My Data and Auto Restore. These are good options to tick before you Factory Reset if you're not too sure how to do this on your own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]