[Q] Is my GPad bricked ?

Tip us?

comarinho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Is my GPad bricked ?

Hello guys,

I am experiencing a hard issue with my GPad. I have the V500 model (bought in France), I have unlocked it, and rooted it (everything was fine).

I decided to install CM ROM, so I have installed TWRP using the loki method, booted in recovery, formatted everything except the external SD card (the CM ROM zip file was in it).

The installation of the CM ROM failed, it showed an error. So I decided to reboot the tablet but I am now stuck on the LG logo, nothing boots. When I decide to enter Recovery mode (without USB cable plugged), it shows the screen OpenRecoveryScript, and then the tablet restarts. I can't access the main menu (see pic 1).

The only thing I have managed to do is to access the tablet via ADB. Unfortunately I don't seem to have root access...and it shows an error message (see pic 2)

I have tried lots of things these past 2 days to try and restore the system but I feel really lost now !!

Would you mind helping me with my issue ?

Thank you very much in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 1.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	2456359   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 2.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	2456360  

coleam
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Follow the instructions in this thread to flash the stock ROM. The only difference is that the button sequence to enter Download Mode on the G Pad is to hold volume up and volume down (not just volume up) while plugging in the USB cable.
The Following User Says Thank You to coleam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mustbepbs
Old
Thanks Meter 290
First off you didn't read. Second off you have the wrong recovery version installed. You need 2.6.3.1 to flash CM

comarinho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you coleam, I will try this method and give you an update!

Hope it'll work..!

NicolÚ98
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by comarinho View Post
Thank you coleam, I will try this method and give you an update!

Hope it'll work..!
Hello, sorry for my stupid question but I feel lost:
I did the same you did, tried to install cm 11 but it showed me an error, so I rebooted...
Now It shows me LG logo's but I don't know how to enter in recovery mode, how did you do? thanks for helping

Jack Zheng
Old
(Last edited by Jack Zheng; 17th December 2013 at 09:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolÚ98 View Post
Hello, sorry for my stupid question but I feel lost:
I did the same you did, tried to install cm 11 but it showed me an error, so I rebooted...
Now It shows me LG logo's but I don't know how to enter in recovery mode, how did you do? thanks for helping
I met the question before, I resolved the question with guide in this bbs, But i can't find the thread again, So I write it with my poor english. Wish this can help you.

1. Press the volume down+power button
2. when you see the LG logo, relaese the power button,(Don't relaese the volume down button)
3. Press Volume up and power button immediately (Now, you press those three buttons, the volume down,volume up and power)
4. Wait a while, you can see the recovery mode.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Zheng For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NicolÚ98
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zheng View Post
I met the question before, I resolved the question with guide in this bbs, But i can't find the thread again, So I write it with my poor english. Wish this can help you.

1. Press the volume down+power button
2. when you see the LG logo, relaese the power button,(Don't relaese the volume down button)
3. Press Volume up and power button immediately (Now, you press those three buttons, the volume down,volume up and power)
4. Wait a while, you can see the recovery mode.
Thanks a lot, It works!

comarinho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleam View Post
Follow the instructions in this thread to flash the stock ROM. The only difference is that the button sequence to enter Download Mode on the G Pad is to hold volume up and volume down (not just volume up) while plugging in the USB cable.
Thank you so much coleam, I've been able to restore the tablet and install CM !