XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera Flicks

Tip us?

googly44dg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Camera Flicks

I have SGH-I997 and this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2232538
Final Build.

The problem is in Video Recording, Camera flicks a lot and then sound flicks too when I view the video recorded.

It's seems like screen is refreshing or something.

It flicks when there is normal light. In low light it doesn't.
U can see the video here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr9o4imku1...204_155006.mp4

Is there any solution to this?

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 342
did you even try searching?
The Following User Says Thank You to The Jack of Clubs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fullmetal Jun
Old
Thanks Meter 33
There'll never be a fix for that unfortunately becoz of Samsung's custom chip and the old kernel this phone is using as no new official source code for ICS or JB has been made for this phone
All ICS+ ROMs for infuse will have this skipping. Use standard mode 480p for video recording without skips!
You can also try to tick these in Developer settings:
Disable HW overlays
Force GPU rendering for 2d
Force 4x MSAA
These changes can sometimes enable 720p hd video recording without skips ( if you have not used your phone heavily, it may work. If not then standard video recording only)
These settings also remove skips from hd video playback on your phone. But they increase battery use however
My gratitude to Scott.hart.bti for his continuous support for the old Infuse 4g.My thanks to Enthropy for stable cm9,gtg,Andros,qkster and xda members for their tricks to use technology more efficiently
The Following User Says Thank You to Fullmetal Jun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BoobyBlake
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Jun View Post
There'll never be a fix for that unfortunately becoz of Samsung's custom chip and the old kernel this phone is using as no new official source code for ICS or JB has been made for this phone
All ICS+ ROMs for infuse will have this skipping. Use standard mode 480p for video recording without skips!
You can also try to tick these in Developer settings:
Disable HW overlays
Force GPU rendering for 2d
Force 4x MSAA
These changes can sometimes enable 720p hd video recording without skips ( if you have not used your phone heavily, it may work. If not then standard video recording only)
These settings also remove skips from hd video playback on your phone. But they increase battery use however
plz i have a similar problem withthe camera ish...after upgrading my infuse to avatar custom rom and to [ROM][KitKat][4.4][Official]BeanStalk Build 4.4.015 - Updated 12/04/2013, my camera has been blurry....however the front camera is still clear....plz help

Fullmetal Jun
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoobyBlake View Post
plz i have a similar problem withthe camera ish...after upgrading my infuse to avatar custom rom and to [ROM][KitKat][4.4][Official]BeanStalk Build 4.4.015 - Updated 12/04/2013, my camera has been blurry....however the front camera is still clear....plz help

This is because the phone cannot record HD/720p videos at 25fps with normal settings.
Either use standard/480p for recording which is fine or use
the magical 3 ticks mentioned in developer settings to remove video playback flickers, but 720p recording will continue to flicker but reduced flickers or no skips at times
See your autofocus time for blurr?idk
My gratitude to Scott.hart.bti for his continuous support for the old Infuse 4g.My thanks to Enthropy for stable cm9,gtg,Andros,qkster and xda members for their tricks to use technology more efficiently

BoobyBlake
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Jun View Post
This is because the phone cannot record HD/720p videos at 25fps with normal settings.
Either use standard/480p for recording which is fine or use
the magical 3 ticks mentioned in developer settings to remove video playback flickers, but 720p recording will continue to flicker but reduced flickers or no skips at times
See your autofocus time for blurr?idk
thanx for the tip Fullmetal...however, i changed my video record quality to SD 480p and the flicker stopped but the view is still blurry...the camera only focuses perfectly on very very close objects but becomes blurrry at a slight distance from the object.....i even used the magical 3 tricks in developer settings yet it is still blurry and equally changed the focus mode from auto>macro down to face detect...yet its still blurry in all of them.....plz what can i do to make my camera sharp....thanx alot for your help.....i appreciate...

Fullmetal Jun
Old
(Last edited by Fullmetal Jun; 15th December 2013 at 06:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Try reducing the autofocus time in settings,put JPEG photo quality to normal or fine , but not superfine!
Try cleaning your lenses or might be that your camera unit is damaged??
Hit thxs button!

The Following User Says Thank You to Fullmetal Jun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]