5,598,908 Members 30,661 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Full screen lock screen wall paper

Tip us?
 
shahzaib.khan
Old
#1  
shahzaib.khan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 1,075
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: riyadh
Default Full screen lock screen wall paper

Can any one guide me the method how can i set the custom wall paper downloaded to lock screen. I dont want to crop the picture i want to set full picture.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
 
eclyptos
Old
#2  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 479
Posts: 2,496
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahzaib.khan View Post
Can any one guide me the method how can i set the custom wall paper downloaded to lock screen. I dont want to crop the picture i want to set full picture.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
The wallpapers for Z1 are for example 960x800 .JPG (this is how I do and what I use), it will be impossible to select this wallpaper format without to crop them because they are made for landscapes. To select a full image without crop them for Lock Screen you have to use 480x800 .JPG format (480x800 you will crop just a little bit) or bigger one but you have to keep that scale! This is the solution. Try.
 
benziii
Old
#3  
benziii's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 157
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: LillestrÝm
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
The wallpapers for Z1 are for example 960x800 .JPG (this is how I do and what I use), it will be impossible to select this wallpaper format without to crop them because they are made for landscapes.
Wow, you managed to contradict yourself with one sentence.


1080x1920!
 
eclyptos
Old
(Last edited by eclyptos; 9th December 2013 at 01:12 PM.)
#4  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 479
Posts: 2,496
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by benziii View Post
Wow, you managed to contradict yourself with one sentence.


1080x1920!
Sorry Proff but you don't make any sanse. Do not matter which format you will use for lock screen, if not for some quality which is good with 480x800, to not crop the pictures he has to understand to download the wellpaper in different scale to do it like he like.
 
benziii
Old
#5  
benziii's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 157
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: LillestrÝm
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Sorry Proff but you don't make any sanse. Do not matter which format you will use for lock screen, if not for some quality which is good with 480x800, to not crop the pictures he has to understand to download the wellpaper in different scale to do it like he like.
Haha I don't make any sence.
Coming from a guy who tries to explain by using a totally wrong picture size to begin with.

Only way the guy is going to get a picture that is not stretched or pixelated is using 1080x1920 or bigger (ratio on 1080x1920 is:
Height is 1.777~ larger than width. That's why you say you only have to crop a little with 480x800. the ratio there is 1.666~.
You can have a smaller image than 1080x1920 and no crop, as long as you have the same ratio.
It will still look like sh**t.

Please don't tell me a stretched and cropped 480x800 is going to look good

And again, why do they have to be jpg?


Shazaib! What size is the image?
 
eclyptos
Old
#6  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 479
Posts: 2,496
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by benziii View Post
Haha I don't make any sence.
Coming from a guy who tries to explain by using a totally wrong picture size to begin with.

Only way the guy is going to get a picture that is not stretched or pixelated is using 1080x1920 or bigger (ratio on 1080x1920 is:
Height is 1.777~ larger than width. That's why you say you only have to crop a little with 480x800. the ratio there is 1.666~.
You can have a smaller image than 1080x1920 and no crop, as long as you have the same ratio.
It will still look like sh**t.

Please don't tell me a stretched and cropped 480x800 is going to look good

And again, why do they have to be jpg?


Shazaib! What size is the image?
Without me he will never know what is all about because I did what I should to let you explain how it's work.

Anyway I just like JPG, that's all, and of curse have to be the right ratio, in my words I say "scale".

What I saying is all what I do, is not invented, so here is my lock screen with 480x800 format and to me look good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-09-15-48-05.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	2443868  
 
shahzaib.khan
Old
#7  
shahzaib.khan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 1,075
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: riyadh
Guys dont fight...

I just downloaded wall paper from zedge and i want to set that wall paper on lock screen(full wallpaper).... Because from album i cannot set full wall paper for home n lock screen but for home screen i can do it from zedge but for lock screen i need solution

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
 
eclyptos
Old
#8  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 479
Posts: 2,496
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahzaib.khan View Post
Guys dont fight...

I just downloaded wall paper from zedge and i want to set that wall paper on lock screen(full wallpaper).... Because from album i cannot set full wall paper for home n lock screen but for home screen i can do it from zedge but for lock screen i need solution

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
So you didn't understood what we just said? I said this again, download wallpaper 1080x1980, This is FULL wallpaper format for lock screens, go to Personalization > Lock Screen > Album and select that wallpaper. Click Thanx.
 
gregbradley
Old
#9  
gregbradley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3311
Posts: 7,760
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
So you didn't understood what we just said? I said this again, download wallpaper 1080x1980, This is FULL wallpaper format for lock screens, go to Personalization > Lock Screen > Album and select that wallpaper. Click Thanx.
That is NOT what you said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Sorry Proff but you don't make any sanse. Do not matter which format you will use for lock screen, if not for some quality which is good with 480x800, to not crop the pictures he has to understand to download the wellpaper in different scale to do it like he like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
The wallpapers for Z1 are for example 960x800 .JPG (this is how I do and what I use), it will be impossible to select this wallpaper format without to crop them because they are made for landscapes. To select a full image without crop them for Lock Screen you have to use 480x800 .JPG format (480x800 you will crop just a little bit) or bigger one but you have to keep that scale! This is the solution. Try.
In fact that last post of yours is the FIRST one where you have said the correct thing.


If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>


Follow me on twitter
 
eclyptos
Old
#10  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 479
Posts: 2,496
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
That is NOT what you said...

In fact that last post of yours is the FIRST one where you have said the correct thing.
I know, buy he didn't understood anyway, so 480x800 or 1080x1920, (NOT 1080x1980, sorry my bad!) he have just to choose which he want to use and go via Personalization > Lock Screen > Album. At last @benziii said the right things as well so I just said this again, even if with different format.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more

Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Receives Bluetooth Certification for Android 4.4.3

You may recall that a few days ago, Sprint jumped the gun … more

Easily Configure Xposed Module Projects in Eclipse

XDA Recognized Developer rovo89‘s innovative and versatile Xposed Framework allows … more