XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD card

Tip us?

bullfrog5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SD card

hello ...I have a galaxy 11 rooted running 4.3.1 and recently put in a 32 SD card in it ...but my pics and apps don't get saved there but on the phone itself as SD 0 which is not the SD card I put in but is really the 10 GB that comes with the phone as internal storage. My SD card shows as SD1 but the files don't go there but to that internal storage ..when going to the settings can't see where to switch to the SD card....does anyone know how to have the files go to the SD card. Thanks M.K

Luuk1808
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog5 View Post
hello ...I have a galaxy 11 rooted running 4.3.1 and recently put in a 32 SD card in it ...but my pics and apps don't get saved there but on the phone itself as SD 0 which is not the SD card I put in but is really the 10 GB that comes with the phone as internal storage. My SD card shows as SD1 but the files don't go there but to that internal storage ..when going to the settings can't see where to switch to the SD card....does anyone know how to have the files go to the SD card. Thanks M.K
Although you are probably in the wrong place, I can help you out: go to the camera app --> settings
Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i ~ Android 2.3.6
Samsung Galaxy S II Plus GT-I9105P ~ Android 4.4.2 (CM 11)

bullfrog5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks....would you know how I could save apps to the SD card...hear you could do it if phone is rooted but don't see how its done.

Luuk1808
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog5 View Post
Thanks....would you know how I could save apps to the SD card...hear you could do it if phone is rooted but don't see how its done.
Some apps can be moved without root by going to your phone's settings --> Applications --> select the app you want to move --> Move to SD (if you can move the app, it will say so)
Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i ~ Android 2.3.6
Samsung Galaxy S II Plus GT-I9105P ~ Android 4.4.2 (CM 11)