5,595,339 Members 48,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App - How To] QPair with AOSP based ROMs

Tip us?

AndroidUser00110001
Old
(Last edited by AndroidUser00110001; 16th December 2013 at 04:05 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3594

DONATE TO ME
Default [App - How To] QPair with AOSP based ROMs

So finally got QPair running on my V5100...

Web Presence:
Twitter
Google+

Instructions:
  1. Uninstall QPair if you have it installed on both tablet and phone
  2. Modify your build.prop

Before
    Code:
    ro.product.model=LG-V500
    ro.product.name=awifi_open_eu
    ro.product.device=v500
    ro.product.board=awifi
    ro.build.product=v500
    After
    Code:
    ro.product.model=LG-V510
    ro.product.name=palman
    ro.product.device=palman
    ro.product.board=palman
    ro.build.product=palman
  3. Reboot
  4. Install QPair on Tablet and Phone
  5. Run QPair app
  6. Enjoy

What is going to be most commonly asked question:
Q. How do I modify build.prop

A1. Use Root Explorer to make changes on phone. Make not of current permissions of original build.prop file and make sure modified build.prop file permissions match before you reboot. If permissions are not set properly than tablet will not boot.

A2. Use the attached ZIP file to flash build.prop

A3. Pull build.prop file from your AOSP ROM, make the changes you want, save new build.prop file, replace your modified build.prop with one in attached zip file and than flash.

After I made my changes to the build.prop I placed it into my GApps package so when I flash new ROM and GApps, the modified build.prop will flash with GApps.

Notes:
Not all lines may need to be changed. That's what I changed on first try to get it QPair to work.
When you flash new ROM you will need to modify build.prop or flash a modified build.prop...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Patch_buildprop.zip - [Click for QR Code] (269.9 KB, 217 views)
If you would like to make a small donation for my work you may do so by clicking HERE.
You may also Tweet me a Starbucks Trenta Iced Black Tea 4 pump classic which is my go go juice that keeps me going @androiduser0001 by clicking HERE. Thanks!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AndroidUser00110001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

angry english
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Will this work with cm11?

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Armpowered
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry english View Post
Yep and no need the palman entries, I've just changed v500 to v510, probably only needs one entry changed but I haven't tried to find out which one.

What I don't understand is why this works, pretending to be a v510 whereas Qpair belongs on v500. Can a real GPE v510 download, install and pair?

AndroidUser00110001
Old
Thanks Meter 3594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armpowered View Post
Yep and no need the palman entries, I've just changed v500 to v510, probably only needs one entry changed but I haven't tried to find out which one.

What I don't understand is why this works, pretending to be a v510 whereas Qpair belongs on v500. Can a real GPE v510 download, install and pair?
It may download a different version from play store that is not looking for specific files in the LG stock ROM or they can disable it if stock qpair is not found. Many ways to check and they picked the easiest way to bypass so let's hope they keep it that way.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If you would like to make a small donation for my work you may do so by clicking HERE.
You may also Tweet me a Starbucks Trenta Iced Black Tea 4 pump classic which is my go go juice that keeps me going @androiduser0001 by clicking HERE. Thanks!

AndroidUser00110001
Old
Thanks Meter 3594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry english View Post

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
Yes

colwellkr
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Hi, after modifying build.prop do you reinstall from the good play store? or do I need to flash a zip that is a special version for tablets? Because when I reinstall from the google play store and go into the initial setup pushing the start button does nothing. I can just tap it over and over it it show the animation of getting pushed down but nothing happens. (I'm on the CM11 rom)

Thanks for the help! Let me know if there's anything I need to do to help with troubleshooting!

Thanks again!

AndroidUser00110001
Old
Thanks Meter 3594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by colwellkr View Post
Hi, after modifying build.prop do you reinstall from the good play store? or do I need to flash a zip that is a special version for tablets? Because when I reinstall from the google play store and go into the initial setup pushing the start button does nothing. I can just tap it over and over it it show the animation of getting pushed down but nothing happens. (I'm on the CM11 rom)

Thanks for the help! Let me know if there's anything I need to do to help with troubleshooting!

Thanks again!
Install from playstore

The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidUser00110001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KenpoAP
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Hello! Edit just the model line, save, reboot, install from play store and is working flawlessly. I'm on CM11 latest nightly.

Sent from my LG-V510 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to KenpoAP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

colwellkr
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpoAP View Post
Hello! Edit just the model line, save, reboot, install from play store and is working flawlessly. I'm on CM11 latest nightly.

Sent from my LG-V510 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks so much! It works perfectly now!

fabry83
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Well the zip to flash worked perfectly! Now qpair runs on my cm11! Thank you! :thumbup:

Inviato dal mio LG-V510 con Tapatalk 4