XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sim unlock SGH-M919M on 4.3

Tip us?

dtx.boy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sim unlock SGH-M919M on 4.3

I have a metro pcs galaxy s4 with the stock tmobile firmware 4.3, I took it to a local store but they couldn't unlock it. As you know I can't downgrade to 4.2.2 because of the Knox security, so do you guys know of any way to unlock my phone?

RBThompsonV
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtx.boy View Post
I have a metro pcs galaxy s4 with the stock tmobile firmware 4.3, I took it to a local store but they couldn't unlock it. As you know I can't downgrade to 4.2.2 because of the Knox security, so do you guys know of any way to unlock my phone?
use Fast GSM to buy the unlock codes (29.99) ... while on the TMO firmware... I just jumped through hoops to do it... was the only way Ive found... Trying to track down a MPCS stock (rooted hopefully) ROM, and flashing back... can keep you informed about switching roms once i find one

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBThompsonV View Post
use Fast GSM to buy the unlock codes (29.99) ... while on the TMO firmware... I just jumped through hoops to do it... was the only way Ive found... Trying to track down a MPCS stock (rooted hopefully) ROM, and flashing back... can keep you informed about switching roms once i find one
FYI... this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2571274

is where I got hung up (The baseband...)

braschlosan
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtx.boy View Post
I don't know if its the easiest way but there is a way to "dual boot" a rom installed on the SD card which gets around knox. Then you could run 4.2.x and do the debug menu unlock.

Alternatively try this as it has worked for some people, including my GF with an AT&T S4 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470551

dtx.boy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I found someone on craigslist who unlocked my s4 for $20, the imei shows as unknown but everything is working good.
Thanks for your help tho.

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1708
Just use RegionLockAway app by chainfire. Will unlock your phone.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊

S3BAZ10
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
Just use RegionLockAway app by chainfire. Will unlock your phone.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊
no it wont
2012 MazdaSpeed3
Go: Cobb AP / CS FMIC / CS SRI / CS TMM Insert / CS TIP / CS OCC / CS CBE / UR DP / UR TP / Grimmspeed EBCS / Denso ITV22 / HKS SSQ BVP / JBR EGR Delete / JBR Coolant Bypass / JBR Throttle Body Thermal Gasket / JBR SSP / JBR CW / JBR RMM
Suspension: BC Coilovers
Looks: B&P Headlights / 6K HIDs / CS LED Foglights / Nextmod Rear & Side Lips / STi V-Limited Front Lip
Interior: Prosport EVO Boost Gauge Red / CS SB / CS LED Lights
Tune: Alex From Stratified 93+4GAL E85 Mix

sd_N
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3BAZ10 View Post
no it wont
It will. Used it on my M919

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S4...
sd N