5,604,443 Members 48,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New RAZR M - flaky, should I return?

Tip us?

memetix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] New RAZR M - flaky, should I return?

Just received my new RAZR M 2 days ago and initially it seems to have a much worse antenna then my cheap old Nokia C2 which is disappointing to say the least.
With my old C2 i could easily make and receive calls everytime with no problems if i walked out to the end of my driveway, and i could send and receive texts inside my house if i held it in the sweet spot (I live in rural area close to a city) but the RAZR wont get any signal at all except for maybe a couple of seconds, it cant even receive texts. Also i parked right beside a cell phone tower today with nothing but clear air in between me and the tower and made a call and the 15 minute call dropped once. I was calling an iphone with 5 bar signal so i think it was my RAZR that dropped the call. While parked here my signal was only 4 bars -57db. In this exact spot i always got full bars with my nokia and never dropped a call.

So does anyone know is this typical behaviour for the RAZR or should i return it and get a replacement? Or is there any ways to fix this prob? From some research i have done i hear that the radio gives trouble in this phone and a custom ROM will likely make it worse.

Any info/ opinions anyone has would be gratefully received...

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 371
I would definitely return it. I've always had good signal on my M. Motos are supposed to have pretty good radios, so it definitely seems like something is wrong with your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FirePsych
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I agree with RikRong. Or try a new Sim first. But no, that doesn't sound typical.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FirePsych For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

memetix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys.

When you say try a new sim do you mean a sim with a different provider or do you mean the actual sim card itself could be faulty?

FirePsych
Old
Thanks Meter 92
New sim card from same provider.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Drowzy310
Old
Thanks Meter 0
deffinelty sned it back, its only gonna get worse over time