XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Deep Sleep Problem.

Tip us?

joyj112
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Battery Full Deep Sleep Problem.

My galaxy S2 couldn't last a day and I tried my best to figure out what was the problem. Every time I go to class and put my phone in my pocket my battery would drain rapidly from 100->75%. I checked my CPU spy and apparently my phone wont go into deep sleep mode. No matter what ROM or kernel I use, my phone wont go into deep sleep mode unless I reboot my phone every time I unplug it from the charger... this irritates me so much.. Is there a way to activate deep sleep mode right away?
Smartphones
1. T-mobile G2x (Broken)
2. Iphone 4 (Sold)
3. Samsung Galaxy S2, SGH-t989 (Not using)
4. Nexus 5 (Current Device): PA 4.1 Beta 2 + Elemental X .32 = Awesomeness

Tablet
1. Nexus 7 (Currently using)

Current ROM: SinLess Rom
Kernel: Stock

Chris J
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Are you using a sammy charger and cable? Some third-party chargers and cables cause a wakelock. Apple compatible products will almost always cause a wakelock.
I have found that plugging the phone into a running PC USB port, even for just a moment, will usually clear the wakelock.

ed20932
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyj112 View Post
My galaxy S2 couldn't last a day and I tried my best to figure out what was the problem. Every time I go to class and put my phone in my pocket my battery would drain rapidly from 100->75%. I checked my CPU spy and apparently my phone wont go into deep sleep mode. No matter what ROM or kernel I use, my phone wont go into deep sleep mode unless I reboot my phone every time I unplug it from the charger... this irritates me so much.. Is there a way to activate deep sleep mode right away?
Hi..I had a similar problem before, Im using cpu sleeper app, and installed CPU spy app to see if it was going into deep sleep. and that took care of it.Phone must be rooted.Good luck

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1643
Gsam from play store will help you find out why your phone isn't deep sleeping. It will show you what app or apps are holding your phone awake.

Sent from my Moto X cell phone telephone...