XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What changes have you noticed in 4.3

Tip us?

Macklessdaddy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default What changes have you noticed in 4.3

just want some info such as battery life,speed,items made better or worse for that matter

and to the mod who keeps merging these threads please don't as all those guys in that other thread are talking about is odin this and odin that basically how to defeat knox and such

I haven't noticed much but it sure isn't faster battery life didn't get better but after factory restore I lost my navigation icon

what have you noticed?

BlacRam357
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for this

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

ardcifliku
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
just want some info such as battery life,speed,items made better or worse for that matter

and to the mod who keeps merging these threads please don't as all those guys in that other thread are talking about is odin this and odin that basically how to defeat knox and such

I haven't noticed much but it sure isn't faster battery life didn't get better but after factory restore I lost my navigation icon

what have you noticed?
I believe the navigation icon is still there.
Did you try , shortcuts-activities-map ?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

kodochax
Old
Thanks Meter 31
It feels better back like the first day I got it. My phone before the ota was a lot slower. I did benchmarks a couple weeks before the ota and my numbers seemed weirdly low, like sequential read was 5mb now it's 26, I'm guessing that's trim doing it's job? One thing I don't like is that we can't swipe between tabs in settings, it never bothered me in phone since I didn't make calls daily,but I go to settings multiple times a day and I keep trying to swipe. Maybe I'll get use to it. Also I love the new lockscreen (I use a pin setup) it's cleaner and with the xposed module we can choose our own lockscreen widgets.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note ll
The Following User Says Thank You to kodochax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pierrekid
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Yea seriously mods stop merging these threads all the time. Not everything needs to be consolidated into one thread. You are actually making it difficult for users to find answers to questions when you try to force ALL the info into one thread. A better idea would be to leave a poll that asks if the current thread should be merged, left as is or deleted. That way its not just you guys randomly deciding what is important and more us users making the judgment call.

Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to pierrekid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

its_ja10
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrekid View Post
Yea seriously mods stop merging these threads all the time. Not everything needs to be consolidated into one thread. You are actually making it difficult for users to find answers to questions when you try to force ALL the info into one thread. A better idea would be to leave a poll that asks if the current thread should be merged, left as is or deleted. That way its not just you guys randomly deciding what is important and more us users making the judgment call.

Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
agreed

Asquared
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Things I've noticed:

1. Apps update and open faster
2. LTE seems faster
3. Slighty more and quicker battery drain (using ZeroLemon battery)
4. Can now close all instances of stock browser windows completely (no window left open)
5. Stock 4.3 ROM seems to take up about 200-250MB more RAM
6. Ability in Task Manager to "launch by default" function; helps apps from asking you each you time you use them which other app you want to open them with (eg. Gallery, Photos, Skype, Internet, etc.)
7. Ability to change size of text in text messaging by using up or down volume button
8. Additional folder under /storage called "emulated" -- don't know anything about Android OS, but appears to be duplicate prior operating environment under 4.2.2, and takes up about 2.11BG of space in System (internal) storage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asquared For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rosedog
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I am getting Internet errors and having display issues now.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2570144

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13136
Trying to keep 4.3 threads trimmed.similar threads like this have also been closed in order to keep things focused..please go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2561794

Thanks all!
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe