5,600,335 Members 34,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tried to update ATT G2 booted into TWRP, unable leave TWRP or go to Download mode

Tip us?
 
SpectralFlames
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default [Q] Tried to update ATT G2 booted into TWRP, unable leave TWRP or go to Download mode

When I got my ATT G2 I rooted it, and installed TWRP custom Recovery. A week ago I got a system update notification, without thinking I updated the phone. It rebooted into TWRP recovery, and all I can do is navigate around the Recovery. I factory restored my phone, so I don't have SU, and I can't enter download mode. Any ideas on how I can fix my phone, or go about getting it replace?
 
RubbleTea
Old
#2  
RubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 143
Posts: 582
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralFlames View Post
When I got my ATT G2 I rooted it, and installed TWRP custom Recovery. A week ago I got a system update notification, without thinking I updated the phone. It rebooted into TWRP recovery, and all I can do is navigate around the Recovery. I factory restored my phone, so I don't have SU, and I can't enter download mode. Any ideas on how I can fix my phone, or go about getting it replace?
You could try pushing a rom to twrp from adb if your PC doesn't recognize try Koush universal drivers to make it recognize
 
SpectralFlames
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbleTea View Post
You could try pushing a rom to twrp from adb if your PC doesn't recognize try Koush universal drivers to make it recognize
Could you give me instructinos on how I would do that?
 
CoryFNM
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2013
I was having the same issue after accidentally installing an update on my VZW G2. I tried evey solution for 9 hours with no luck including the Koush universal drivers. The only way I could get the phone to be recognized by any computer was to use ubuntu. Once I had the JDK and SDK installed I ran the commands from this tutorial - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

I hope this helps someone out

if you dont have ubuntu installed on a computer you could always make a live cd and run it from that
 
upage
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryFNM View Post
I was having the same issue after accidentally installing an update on my VZW G2. I tried evey solution for 9 hours with no luck including the Koush universal drivers. The only way I could get the phone to be recognized by any computer was to use ubuntu. Once I had the JDK and SDK installed I ran the commands from this tutorial - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

I hope this helps someone out

if you dont have ubuntu installed on a computer you could always make a live cd and run it from that


MATE you saved my day...thanks so much....got the stock image back working again with the help of the command in the thread you where mentioning.

thanks once more.

best.

upage
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes