5,600,335 Members 34,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tried to update ATT G2 booted into TWRP, unable leave TWRP or go to Download mode

Tip us?

SpectralFlames
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Tried to update ATT G2 booted into TWRP, unable leave TWRP or go to Download mode

When I got my ATT G2 I rooted it, and installed TWRP custom Recovery. A week ago I got a system update notification, without thinking I updated the phone. It rebooted into TWRP recovery, and all I can do is navigate around the Recovery. I factory restored my phone, so I don't have SU, and I can't enter download mode. Any ideas on how I can fix my phone, or go about getting it replace?

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralFlames View Post
When I got my ATT G2 I rooted it, and installed TWRP custom Recovery. A week ago I got a system update notification, without thinking I updated the phone. It rebooted into TWRP recovery, and all I can do is navigate around the Recovery. I factory restored my phone, so I don't have SU, and I can't enter download mode. Any ideas on how I can fix my phone, or go about getting it replace?
You could try pushing a rom to twrp from adb if your PC doesn't recognize try Koush universal drivers to make it recognize

SpectralFlames
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbleTea View Post
You could try pushing a rom to twrp from adb if your PC doesn't recognize try Koush universal drivers to make it recognize
Could you give me instructinos on how I would do that?

CoryFNM
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was having the same issue after accidentally installing an update on my VZW G2. I tried evey solution for 9 hours with no luck including the Koush universal drivers. The only way I could get the phone to be recognized by any computer was to use ubuntu. Once I had the JDK and SDK installed I ran the commands from this tutorial - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

I hope this helps someone out

if you dont have ubuntu installed on a computer you could always make a live cd and run it from that

upage
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryFNM View Post
I was having the same issue after accidentally installing an update on my VZW G2. I tried evey solution for 9 hours with no luck including the Koush universal drivers. The only way I could get the phone to be recognized by any computer was to use ubuntu. Once I had the JDK and SDK installed I ran the commands from this tutorial - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

I hope this helps someone out

if you dont have ubuntu installed on a computer you could always make a live cd and run it from that

MATE you saved my day...thanks so much....got the stock image back working again with the help of the command in the thread you where mentioning.

thanks once more.

best.

upage