XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safe Mode?

Tip us?

l7777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default Safe Mode?

While attempting to get a warranty replacement for defective battery (drains to ~50% and then poweres off) I had a tech ask me if I had tried running it in safe mode. I was wondering if he was just trying to get me off the phone. He claimed I could long press the shutdown message and would get an option for "safe mode". I think he's nuts but couldn't verify as I was running CM 11 at the time. Going to try later.

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by l7777 View Post
While attempting to get a warranty replacement for defective battery (drains to ~50% and then poweres off) I had a tech ask me if I had tried running it in safe mode. I was wondering if he was just trying to get me off the phone. He claimed I could long press the shutdown message and would get an option for "safe mode". I think he's nuts but couldn't verify as I was running CM 11 at the time. Going to try later.
I believe there is a safe mode option in Stock I have seen it before. It basically only runs android with system apps.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

danielhall2689
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Very interesting, it works on the new 3.06 update

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

l7777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Confirmed. While it may be safe it certainly wouldn't be very useful since you can't use any third party apps while in safe mode.

jamiethemorris
Old
Thanks Meter 641

DONATE TO ME
This should work on almost any ROM. Also, certain devices you can boot directly in to safe mode from a cold boot, on my nexus 7 to do that you have to volume up+down while it's booting.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk Pro
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page