XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked? 4.4.2 error

Tip us?

jideay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Bricked? 4.4.2 error

I have a stock rooted 4.4.1. The OTA 4.4.2 came through. I used Root Keeper and did a temp unroot. Then I installed the update. At first there was the android with an exclamation point and underneath that "Error". I turned it off and back on. Now the Exclamation android is there and the words, "No Command." What do I do?

Bigralphn
Old
Thanks Meter 28
You will need to load a stock image via ADB if there is no OS. You can also use Skipsoft or Wugfresh toolkit to automate the process. Both talk you through the process. I use Skipsoft because incan never get drivers to load with Wugfresh, but in all likelihood it is my laptop that causes this. Others never have this issue.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

malibu_23
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jideay View Post
I have a stock rooted 4.4.1. The OTA 4.4.2 came through. I used Root Keeper and did a temp unroot. Then I installed the update. At first there was the android with an exclamation point and underneath that "Error". I turned it off and back on. Now the Exclamation android is there and the words, "No Command." What do I do?
Same issue. Very scary. I solved it by downloading a stock odexed 4.4.2 ROM. Use the wug nexus tool to flash tarp recovery and ouch the zip to the tablet while in the recovery. Flash the ROM via the recovery. Once installed. Let it start up. Then use the tool again to flash the stock image. And root it. And your set. In wanted to be 100% stock. So after u flash the stick ROM via the recovery you can just keep it there.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nexus 10/Galaxy Nexus
Both rooted and customized to my approved level of awesomeness...

sherifzxpolo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey
The ota worked with me just fine of course you will need to re root ur device for that u can very easily use nexus root toolkit it will do every thing for you
Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

notfaded1
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Thumbs down happened to me to...

Going from 4.4 to 4.4.2... I was able to get back to 4.4 by flashing stock without formatting user data but it was lame. I wish someone had a clue why this is happening? I was stock rooted and did have appops but didn't making any permission changes.

I've read this is happening to stock unrooted n4, n5, n7, and us on n10's. I've even read Google is replacing devices for users that don't know how to fix the problem as its over their heads.
notfaded1 :^}
Engineer .ılılı..ılılı. CISSP
Nexus 4, 5, 7+3g, 10, and the OG Sammy GT-7510

paddycr
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
Going from 4.4 to 4.4.2... I was able to get back to 4.4 by flashing stock without formatting user data but it was lame. I wish someone had a clue why this is happening? I was stock rooted and did have appops but didn't making any permission changes.

I've read this is happening to stock unrooted n4, n5, n7, and us on n10's. I've even read Google is replacing devices for users that don't know how to fix the problem as its over their heads.
I had exactly the same problem and fixed it in the same way. I guessed it was because I was rooted and I had messed with so many things (using xposed, tibu) but it seems that is not the case. Very weird...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app