XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What's your phone running?

Tip us?

scifan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Default [Q] What's your phone running?

Are you running something based on stock .67? or stock .244? or are you running a Cyanogenmod/other non stock base?

And if you're running .244 is there any particular reason you're running .244 instead of .67?

I'm curious what's the most common "Base" for Rom's that you guys are running on your Xperia ZL... I know that not everyone runs the newest rev all of the time, but I may not know the reasoning behind running a back rev... (is it more stable, better camera, etc, etc)

Thanks for taking a minute to respond.

TheTofu
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I'm using OmniROM 4.4 Nightlies. Over the half year that I've had this phone, based on the activity in the various threads I've seen, it seems to me that most people that have a ZL are using stock .67, or a modified stock. Though that might be different so I'm curious as to what people will post.
Current: Xperia ZL C6506 + CM11 w/ Tap2Wake
Previous: Galaxy Exhibit II 4G w/ CM11

sturmtruppler
Old
Thanks Meter 115
I'm running stock 67, rooted, no recovery. I deleted all social media apps that where preinstalled by sony as well as all google apps (except playstore and framework). And I'm really satisfied, although my device has some problems:
- Data connection is broken after turning wifi off
- Remote control doesn't learn anything
- when connecting to a tv via MHL I get no sound

I had those problems on pure stock as well.

Sony Xperia ZL C6503, rooted, 4.2.2 Stock

mackien95
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Actually I'm running eXistenZ v2.3.5 | Ultra Edition | 4.2.2 | .67 | FULL HONAMI |, this my first andoid phone and the best phone I've ever had, I've been using Nokia N8 for 3 years and the only thing I miss is Nokia maps.
The system is very stable and I love the fact that I can under-clock the cpu when I know that I can't charge the battery for more than 8 hours. The camera opens quickly less than 2 seconds. the Gps locks very fast about 5 seconds under clear sky. So far so good I'm still discovering Android and I love this phone
The Following User Says Thank You to mackien95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maclancer
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Well I am probably one of the few from this site that only use the stock .267 from Sony. I never root this phone.

Sent from my C6506 using xda app-developers app

einfachgaer
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Running CyanogenMod, and I'm happy with the performance. No issues with heating and battery lasts at least 36 hours with 3 hours display time.

Sent from my C6503 using xda app-developers app
Xperia Z1c signature in work..

pedromsouza
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackien95 View Post
Actually I'm running eXistenZ v2.3.5 | Ultra Edition | 4.2.2 | .67 | FULL HONAMI |, this my first andoid phone and the best phone I've ever had, I've been using Nokia N8 for 3 years and the only thing I miss is Nokia maps.
The system is very stable and I love the fact that I can under-clock the cpu when I know that I can't charge the battery for more than 8 hours. The camera opens quickly less than 2 seconds. the Gps locks very fast about 5 seconds under clear sky. So far so good I'm still discovering Android and I love this phone
This underclock feature is built-in this rom?
Sony Xperia ZL (ZQ)
Android 4.3 Stock

mackien95
Old
(Last edited by mackien95; 12th December 2013 at 07:40 PM.) Reason: thx button
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromsouza View Post
this underclock feature is built-in this rom?
Yes it is built in and it's very helpful, I use it almost everyday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	2450931 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	2450932 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	2450933

Don't forget the Thanks button if this was helpful to you
The Following User Says Thank You to mackien95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tracins
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Default Using 4.3

The Awesomest i have used for days are The new 4.3. Journalism version. Stock!
It's smooth, fast, easy to use, and awesome looking UI ( I believe that it is from Z ultra or Z1 ).

Have used 4.4 (Kitkat)
4.2.2. - JB (Stock, 244, 2.67)
Other 4.3 Roms and there all ****.
Everyone one of them has been Rooted and BL and BU.
There is few problems: There is no DRM check possibility, because of this I can't Mirror my new Samsung TV and my phone.
Don't know about LTE support, because my country hasn't got it yet!
My Phones:
* Motorolla C261
* Nokia n70 (broke)
* nokia N81 (stole)
* Nokia E65 (drown)
* Xperia Arc S (First Android, still GOT IT, glass broken).
* NOW Xperia ZL (C6506 LTE)

marksee
Old
Thanks Meter 13
i'm running the eXistenZ v2.3.5 | Ultra Edition | 4.2.2 | .67 | FULL HONAMI too. At first, the battery life was terrible, but i think it was because the ROM wasn't settled in. After about 2 days, i was getting decent battery from it. Lasts almost a day with average usage. Waiting for the kitkat roms to come out as Sony released the codes just recently for Xperia L and hopefully it will be ported completely here too.