[Help Needed] GMT in Zooper?

Search This thread
Hello Eveyone,

I downloaded Zooper on Friday and have been playing with it, learning it, reading the forums about it and killing a LOT of time with it LOL! I have learned a lot, and am ploughing through making my own theme for the first time. I have found most of the answers to my questions on here except the main one I need help with:

I want GMT displayed on my home page, not just the differential that's included in #Dz#. I've tried everything I could think of for it, including using the math operators to take local time and add or subtract the value of #DZ# using if then statements but nothing is working. I'm a pilot and that would be a handy value to show on the home screen for us frequent time zone crossers.

Can anyone help me with this please? Seems easy enough but I am obviously missing something. Any help woould be appreciated.
I am a retired Navy fighter pilot, currently living and working in Jakarta, Indonesia as a pilot training captain. Look forward to seeing all of you in here and if any of you live or wander close by, be sure to hit me up! :p

Cheers,

Wayne "Kila" Watts

Last edited:

robgross

May 2, 2014
New Mexico
Zooper: How to display zulu time for pilots

KilaWatts, It's been awhile since you posted this, but here is your solution. I also wanted to display this on my zooper widget, and I figured it out! Even though it's posted late, I thought that it might benefit other pilots like us as well. Rob

$(#DHHmm#-#DZ#)$Z will display zulu time (eg. 1543Z)

Hello Eveyone,

I downloaded Zooper on Friday and have been playing with it, learning it, reading the forums about it and killing a LOT of time with it LOL! I have learned a lot, and am ploughing through making my own theme for the first time. I have found most of the answers to my questions on here except the main one I need help with:

I want GMT displayed on my home page, not just the differential that's included in #Dz#. I've tried everything I could think of for it, including using the math operators to take local time and add or subtract the value of #DZ# using if then statements but nothing is working. I'm a pilot and that would be a handy value to show on the home screen for us frequent time zone crossers.

Can anyone help me with this please? Seems easy enough but I am obviously missing something. Any help woould be appreciated.
I am a retired Navy fighter pilot, currently living and working in Jakarta, Indonesia as a pilot training captain. Look forward to seeing all of you in here and if any of you live or wander close by, be sure to hit me up! :p

Cheers,

Wayne "Kila" Watts

robgross

May 2, 2014
New Mexico
Correction

I just realized that I was wrong, please disregard my previous post. The correct way to do it is to go to "Override Widget Locality" for the specific module. Then touch the "+" button. Type in the name of the city that you are in, and for the time zone scroll down and select "Etc/Zulu". The code that you need to enter manually is: #DHH#:#Dmm#z

Hello Eveyone,

Cheers,

Wayne "Kila" Watts

Thank you!

Rob,

Thanks for both posts.....I appreciate the effort even if it's wrong mate. I understand the second way, however, that seems to just do it manually, and not automatically once I land in another time zone, like the time gets updated. Maybe I'm wrong and if I do it once, where I live now, it will update by itself when the phone comes on and I'm in a different time zone?

Thanks in advance and hope that's not a stupid question LOL! Caught me a bit off guard with an answer finally! My UI is all set up, sans this of course. I'll play with what you suggested and see and maybe you can answer my question in the meantime.....

Cheers buddy and thanks again! :fingers-crossed:

I just realized that I was wrong, please disregard my previous post. The correct way to do it is to go to "Override Widget Locality" for the specific module. Then touch the "+" button. Type in the name of the city that you are in, and for the time zone scroll down and select "Etc/Zulu". The code that you need to enter manually is: #DHH#:#Dmm#z

rigol2000

Sep 3, 2014
I wanted to display GMT that will auto correct when my time zone goes through a time change (-5 to -6). The closest I got was the following conditional. I hope this helps

$(#DH#-(#DZ#/100))$:#Dmm#

This uses your phone's local time and then factors in DZ.

Thanks!

Rob,

Thanks for both posts.....I appreciate the effort even if it's wrong mate. I understand the second way, however, that seems to just do it manually, and not automatically once I land in another time zone, like the time gets updated. Maybe I'm wrong and if I do it once, where I live now, it will update by itself when the phone comes on and I'm in a different time zone?

Thanks in advance and hope that's not a stupid question LOL! Caught me a bit off guard with an answer finally! My UI is all set up, sans this of course. I'll play with what you suggested and see and maybe you can answer my question in the meantime.....

Cheers buddy and thanks again! :fingers-crossed: