9505 OTA to 4.3 fails

Tip us?

Basileus_AU
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy 9505 OTA to 4.3 fails

Hello,

Can't update to 4.3, I get new FW notificaiton, it downloads, starts installation at quits at about 25% by rebooting itself and showing a message that I either need to update via Kies or get it to the service center. Any ideas what may be causing this?
I've got 4.2.2 rooted stock with triangle away, got another exactly the same phone and everything went really smoothly w/o any issues.
The worst of all that update is roughly 700 mb big and I have to redownload it again every time it fails.

noypi_101
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus_AU View Post
Hello,

Can't update to 4.3, I get new FW notificaiton, it downloads, starts installation at quits at about 25% by rebooting itself and showing a message that I either need to update via Kies or get it to the service center. Any ideas what may be causing this?
I've got 4.2.2 rooted stock with triangle away, got another exactly the same phone and everything went really smoothly w/o any issues.
The worst of all that update is roughly 700 mb big and I have to redownload it again every time it fails.
happened to me also when upgrading to 4.3 on rooted stock w/ triangle away...
you have to unroot by reflashing a stock firmware in your region via odin...

Basileus_AU
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Maybe I'd get a new OTA as tar file and flash it on top of current one w/o downgrading to stock?
Tags
fails, ota, update