XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked HTC One need help please

Tip us?

volumebmx15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Service [Q] Bricked HTC One need help please

So tonight around 6pm EST I noticed that there was a Cyanogen mod nightly for my wife's Verizon htc one. I also noticed that there was an update function so I decided to give it a try. However, I didn't realize I had yet to make a backup of her current ROM. I thought I had done this when I originally rooted the phone... HUGE MISTAKE NUMBER 1. Once the update was flashed it gave me an error and began boot looping. I tried to find the original version of Cyanogen but could not locate it on the device. Since the HTC One doesn't have an SD card and I Don't have the special OTG USB I couldn't get the storage to mount to add a new ROM. After 2 hours of searching I was finally able to Push a ROM to her device but I kept getting an E: Error executing updater binary... <--- this error I researched only to find that I couldn't flash the rom I was trying to lash in the latest TWRP recovery.

ALL I want to do now is to flash a new recovery to the phone so I can install a ROM and get this paperweight working again.

Can someone please explain to me STEP by STEP what to do here?

karn101
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by volumebmx15 View Post
So tonight around 6pm EST I noticed that there was a Cyanogen mod nightly for my wife's Verizon htc one. I also noticed that there was an update function so I decided to give it a try. However, I didn't realize I had yet to make a backup of her current ROM. I thought I had done this when I originally rooted the phone... HUGE MISTAKE NUMBER 1. Once the update was flashed it gave me an error and began boot looping. I tried to find the original version of Cyanogen but could not locate it on the device. Since the HTC One doesn't have an SD card and I Don't have the special OTG USB I couldn't get the storage to mount to add a new ROM. After 2 hours of searching I was finally able to Push a ROM to her device but I kept getting an E: Error executing updater binary... <--- this error I researched only to find that I couldn't flash the rom I was trying to lash in the latest TWRP recovery.

ALL I want to do now is to flash a new recovery to the phone so I can install a ROM and get this paperweight working again.

Can someone please explain to me STEP by STEP what to do here?
It depends on what you are trying to do. You said you wanted to flash a new recovery, so go ahead and do it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2416431

If you want to revert back to stock, go ahead and do that too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2475216

But I say your best bet is to just push a ROM in recovery. Are you S-Off?

Also, what commands are you doing to push a ROM? Is the E: drive where your SDK toolkit located?
The Following User Says Thank You to karn101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

volumebmx15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Karn101,

What ROM and RECOVERY would you suggest I flash?

I had the TWRP 2.6.3.4 touch recovery installed but for some reason it would not allow me to install the following 2 ROMS

1. Google Edition HTC One VZW [KITKAT]
2. Inverted-EclipticONE-KitKat-v1.2

When I did this I kept getting the E: Error executing updater binary which really had me as a loss.

To answer your question I am S-OFF it says UNLOCKED M7_WLV PVT SHIP S-OFF RH @ the bootloader screen.
HBOOT Version is 1.54.000

Also when I was pushing a ROM I was using some commands I found in a guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2354259
I followed some of the steps on here with no luck...

Also I attempted to flash several recoveries from Fast boot with the Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img in the command promt. It shows that the files was sent but the phone just get stuck at the bootloader saying loading recovery at the top in blue font.

Can you walk me through each step on this? I need to get a recovery on there first them push a ROM to the device and install it via the recovery.... I am assuming that would be the easiest method.

Tigerstown
Old
Thanks Meter 193
If your s-off can't you flash the Ruu in fastboot? Maybe that will help

sent from my JAVA CARD S-OFF FAUX HBOOT BLUE HTC ONE using xda premium app.
sent from my 4.1 8 core amd unlocked fx black editon beast machine

andybones
Old
(Last edited by andybones; 14th December 2013 at 07:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8499

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown View Post
If your s-off can't you flash the Ruu in fastboot? Maybe that will help

sent from my JAVA CARD S-OFF FAUX HBOOT BLUE HTC ONE using xda premium app.
I suggest this as well.
also
"brick" means phone is dead. you're phone turns on..
not a brick.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.
The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jvasquezhhi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
what i did once when i couldnt flash RUU was it should work S-On and well Its got to work on S-Off

1-Download TWRP recovery also the System.img and boot.img
2-Rename TWRPRecovery6.3xx.img to Recovery.img
3-Flash recovery in fastboot fastboot flash recovery Recovery.img
4-boot into recovery via fastboot fastboot boot recovery.img
This will boot your device into the custom recovery
5-press Backup
6-swipe to confirm
7-after it's done making a backup
8-navigate back to the home screen
9-press Advanced
10-press Mount
11-check the box next to USB-OTG
This will allow to mount your sdcard into the computer and you can copy the system.img from the RUU
12-open folder TWRP open folder BACKUPS ETC ETC until you get to the folder with the backup you just made
13-delete the system.ext4.win delete the system.ext4.win.md5
14-copy the system.img here abd rename it to
15-system.ext4.win
16-then unmount
17-then navigate back to the home page in the recovery and
18-press Restore
19-then choose that backup and swipe to confirm
20-also recommend fastbooting the boot.img

this is what i did when i couldnt get any rom to flash any roms via recovery nor a i could do a RUU saved my phone.