[Q] FASTBOOT Issues - Not booting into

Tip us?

adkg12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] FASTBOOT Issues - Not booting into

I have Kindle Fire HD 7 - 11.3.1.0

I am an adb users. I know how to use it. If that helps. My problem is that I cannot get the device to boot into fastboot. I run the command adb devices and it sees my device.. I reboot it, shell, etc. But when I run the "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" command it stays on wait for device. I am using the factory cable that came with the device. It is new. I have run out of ideas... I start with a powered off device (adb is enabled in the settings).. I run the command on the command line.. its now sitting on waiting for device....I plug in the cable .. it powers up.. but just boots. I was able to root the device.. but will NOT boot to fast boot...

Please let me know if I am missing something..
Thanks
Glen

bleeds
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkg12 View Post
I have Kindle Fire HD 7 - 11.3.1.0

I am an adb users. I know how to use it. If that helps. My problem is that I cannot get the device to boot into fastboot. I run the command adb devices and it sees my device.. I reboot it, shell, etc. But when I run the "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" command it stays on wait for device. I am using the factory cable that came with the device. It is new. I have run out of ideas... I start with a powered off device (adb is enabled in the settings).. I run the command on the command line.. its now sitting on waiting for device....I plug in the cable .. it powers up.. but just boots. I was able to root the device.. but will NOT boot to fast boot...

Please let me know if I am missing something..
Thanks
Glen
So no help this early in the day.. ?

It will not boot into FASTBOOT..oh well
Thanks
Glen

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 498

DONATE TO ME
If its rooted run this
Code:
adb shell "su -c 'reboot bootloader'"
What exactly are you trying to achieve with fastboot, that's a 2013 HD, we only have root access so I don't know what you want to use fastboot for.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

bleeds
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
If its rooted run this
Code:
adb shell "su -c 'reboot bootloader'"
What exactly are you trying to achieve with fastboot, that's a 2013 HD, we only have root access so I don't know what you want to use fastboot for.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
I want to flash it back to the earlier version .. is this not possible.. it seems to be...reading that it needs to be reverted to 7.3 or something..

And no.. running that command doesnt work either.. It reboots, but only boots up to a normal boot..

Thanks
Glen

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeds View Post
I want to flash it back to the earlier version .. is this not possible.. it seems to be...reading that it needs to be reverted to 7.3 or something..

And no.. running that command doesnt work either.. It reboots, but only boots up to a normal boot..

Thanks
Glen
Woooo, slow down. You have the 2013 Kindle Fire HD 7 and there are no exploit for the bootloader yet. You're gonna brick your tablet. That exploit is for the 2012 Kindle Fire HD 7 only. Stop now and know there is only root available for your tablet at the moment.
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841

LindaCento
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Hi.
I've got the same problem - but got 2012 device ( no. D059, camera on left (or right/down/up if you like ) side of screen )
I use typical usb cable, got root acces, adb see my device. But when I plug after typing "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" its normally booted up to system
any advices?

Sorry for my language - always got bad grades in grammar

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 498

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeds View Post

Thanks
Glen
Woa there don't attempt that. 2013 kindle fire hd's aren't supposed to run a 7.x.x os, that's the version used on the previous years, your is supposed to be 11.x.x.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE

LindaCento
Old
Thanks Meter 11
anybody?
I look for factory cable, but in Poland it is unavailable anywhere is there possibility to do something with normal usb cable?

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 498

DONATE TO ME
"adb reboot bootloader", also what are you attempting to do with fastboot, just wanna make sure you aren't trying to downgrade to an os not meant for your device (aka anything besides 11.x.x is not meant for your device and will brick it).

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

LindaCento
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I want to flash custom rom.
Read my first post in this thread - my Kindle is 2012 device.
But problem is same that adkg12's so I post here, altough write new one