XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 Root Status

Tip us?

XRSTOY1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default S4 Root Status

Well I broke the screen on my fully rooted and unlocked boot loader Galaxy s3.
My question is at the price to fix my s3 or get a s4 is going to be cheaper to just get a s4
but where are they at on rooting this device from what I see the software is up to MJ7 but the boot loader is still locked unless you have older software like MDK is this correct.

fillyo
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSTOY1 View Post
My question is at the price to fix my s3 or get a s4 is going to be cheaper to just get a s4
but where are they at on rooting this device from what I see the software is up to MJ7 but the boot loader is still locked unless you have older software like MDK is this correct.
You should be able to fix screen for under $100. MJ7 can be rooted only, no custom recovery. S4 is a very nice upgrade from S3, you can probably pick one up around $320 - 350 on the cheap. If you like flashing, pick up an MDK version on Swappa, otherwise, you can just debloat, like I have done.
Verizon Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 CyanogenMod 11 - Kit Kat
Nexus 10 - ThunderKat
Verizon Galaxy Tab 7.7
RIP: GS4, GS3, Nexus, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Storm 2, Storm, Curve

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSTOY1 View Post

safestrap is available for ME7 and MI1 base versions which allow TW stock kernel (4.2) base roms to be loaded. Hashcode is presently developing safestrap to run on MJ7 and MK2 kernel (4.3) base so we can load up 4.3 based Roms like HD11.0.

I have 10.2 hyperdrive running via SS and my GS4 phone rocks. I can live with this whether or not Hashcode gets SS to work with 4.3. This is still the best phone out there
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94