5,594,282 Members 43,978 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ereader+bluetooth-dongle+bluetooth keyboard?

Tip us?
 
Cast2501
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default [Q] Ereader+bluetooth-dongle+bluetooth keyboard?

The (E-ink) Onyx Boox c65 runs android 2.3. (can't link, I'm new user)
Would it be possible to connect a bluetooth keyboard via a usb-bluetooth dongle inserted in the Ereader mini usb slot?
Hope this is the right forum
Carsten J
 
afainber
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast2501 View Post
The (E-ink) Onyx Boox c65 runs android 2.3. (can't link, I'm new user)
Would it be possible to connect a bluetooth keyboard via a usb-bluetooth dongle inserted in the Ereader mini usb slot?
Hope this is the right forum
Carsten J
It's impossible. For a USB dongle, you need OTG functionality (USB Host). The Onyx devices don't have it (from a hardware perspective).
 
Cast2501
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
It's impossible. For a USB dongle, you need OTG functionality (USB Host). The Onyx devices don't have it (from a hardware perspective).
Ah ok. But a USB-OTG cable doen't gives that functionality?
 
afainber
Old
(Last edited by afainber; 17th December 2013 at 11:47 AM.)
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast2501 View Post
Ah ok. But a USB-OTG cable doen't gives that functionality?
No, you need the hardware of the device to support OTG (and then also the kernel) and the hardware of the Onyx C65 does not support it, no matter which cable you use.
 
Cast2501
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
No, you need the hardware of the device to support OTG (and then also the kernel) and the hardware of the Onyx C65 does not support it, no matter which cable you use.
Ok, thanks for the reply.
CJ
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes