XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot backup IMEI etc with EFS Professional with 4.3

Tip us?

crazy_dr0id
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [Q] Cannot backup IMEI etc with EFS Professional with 4.3

ok so after unrooting and going back to stock to upgrade SGH-I337M to official android 4.3 I cannot get EFS Professional 2.0.70 release to work. I've rooted with cf autoroot and installed busybox. I then tried using adbd insecure, still getting same error. Then installed Titanium Backup and froze 4 Knox related apps/services, still getting this error. Anyone else?

If EFS Professional doesn't end up working, should I create a dump file of the root efs partition? I managed to figure out it's /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 but am not sure the file type/extension to use if dumping w/ adb.

Is it something as simple as EFS Pro needing to be updated to newer version? Why am I getting this error??

Thanks in advance...

Error:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-23-21-50-18.jpg
Views:	1366
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	2411232  

crazy_dr0id
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
*update: got efs backed up with an app from the play store called Andromizer. Still would like to know what's causing the error though and if there's a way to work around it

petercool
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_dr0id View Post
*update: got efs backed up with an app from the play store called Andromizer. Still would like to know what's causing the error though and if there's a way to work around it
Thank you very muchhhh
PeterGoGo

crazy_dr0id
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercool View Post
Thank you very muchhhh
no problem =)
The Following User Says Thank You to crazy_dr0id For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.3, efs, imei backup