5,596,925 Members 48,338 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UFT][MOD/ICONS] Minimalist stencil notification icons - now with D/L link!! oops!

Tip us?

itiskonrad
Old
(Last edited by itiskonrad; 13th December 2013 at 11:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 214
1.) I'm really glad people enjoy the icon set. I worked really hard to literally draw all of those from scratch, including all the hundreds of battery pngs. All in all it took me about 2 months to get them looking nice. That said, it would have been really nice if someone had let me know they were using all my original icons for a new thread, considering I literally had no idea my work was adopted into another project until I stumbled on this thread and no one even thanked my original thread. I don't mean to be rude, and I'm not even suggesting whoever should have asked my permission (it's a free country and I posted them on the internet), but it just would have been nice if someone had given me some sort of heads up.

2.) As one of you mentioned, besides the icons, I did some funny stuff specific for the original rom, including screwing up the spacing of the icons since each rom seems to have its own quirks about that (you can see from the image, here the Wi-Fi and cell signal icons are too close together, while there's a bit too much space to the left of the Wi-Fi). I'm just saying it's really cool this is fairly universal, but you'll probably have to tweak that stuff case by case to get it to look really nice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itiskonrad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SpazoQC
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extended2108 View Post
Just ".zip flash failed."
same for me, no error code

BiggDavin
Old
(Last edited by BiggDavin; 15th December 2013 at 05:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default Boot loop issue...

I really like this mod! However, with the 4.4.2 (Dandroid SGS4 GPe) update, I seem to be experiencing boot loops if I try flashing this... anyone else having this issue? TRusselo, is there anything that needs to be updated for 4.4.2? (4.4 was working PERFECTLY!)

Steps I used to duplicate it a few times:
Full wipe.
Install ROM.
Install stencil mod.
Wipe cache(s).
*boot loop*

EDIT: Downloaded latest version and doesn't boot loop, but I don't have the stencil icons... am I missing something?
m8att - GPe/ElementalX (Stock)
jflteatt - SlimKat/Ktoonsez (Weeklies)
flo - SlimKat/ElementalX (Weeklies)
d2att - SlimKat/Ktoonsez (Stable)
i9100 - CM 10.1.3 (Stable)
wingray - CM 11 (Nightlies)
d710 - CM 10.2 (Retired)
epicmtd - CM 10.2 (Retired)
heroc - CM 7.2 (Retired)

TRusselo
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2719

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggDavin View Post
I really like this mod! However, with the 4.4.2 (Dandroid SGS4 GPe) update, I seem to be experiencing boot loops if I try flashing this... anyone else having this issue? TRusselo, is there anything that needs to be updated for 4.4.2? (4.4 was working PERFECTLY!)

Steps I used to duplicate it a few times:
Full wipe.
Install ROM.
Install stencil mod.
Wipe cache(s).
*boot loop*

EDIT: Downloaded latest version and doesn't boot loop, but I don't have the stencil icons... am I missing something?
I have no idea what's going on with you but I flashed the update this morning and the exact same mod that's posted in this thread and all is working fine for me.

I'm about to flash his update that he finished a half hour ago, while talking to me
The Following User Says Thank You to TRusselo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BiggDavin
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRusselo View Post
I have no idea what's going on with you but I flashed the update this morning and the exact same mod that's posted in this thread and all is working fine for me.

I'm about to flash his update that he finished a half hour ago, while talking to me
So, flashed it again after that most recent update and it seems to have worked... sorry, probably user error?
m8att - GPe/ElementalX (Stock)
jflteatt - SlimKat/Ktoonsez (Weeklies)
flo - SlimKat/ElementalX (Weeklies)
d2att - SlimKat/Ktoonsez (Stable)
i9100 - CM 10.1.3 (Stable)
wingray - CM 11 (Nightlies)
d710 - CM 10.2 (Retired)
epicmtd - CM 10.2 (Retired)
heroc - CM 7.2 (Retired)

RyaEngel
Old
Thanks Meter 38