[Q] LG G2 or Nexus 5?

Tip us?

GTMoraes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Default [Q] LG G2 or Nexus 5?

Hey.

I don't know which one should I choose. I live in Brazil and there is no Nexus 5 yet over here (maybe it'll be released in March 2014)
The LG G2 is available at a VERY affordable price, for less than R$1300. For comparison, Galaxy Note 3 costs R$2899 and iPhone 5S costs R$2799. Nexus 4 costs R$900 and a Galaxy S3 costs the same R$1300, so you get the image.
The thing is, the Nexus 5 isn't available here officially. There are independent importers that brought them to here (with 4G compatibility n' all, D821), but they cost as much as R$1800~2000.

As Nexus 5 is nothing more than a "simplified" and unlocked version of LG G2, I expect it to cost a little bit less or the same thing as the LG G2 (but I'd not be surprised if both prices increased).

I currently have an Galaxy S3 i9300 which I'm now using mostly for phone calls and tethering for my Nexus 7 2013, which I carry around everywhere, because the i9300 is no more enough for me (screen estate, multitasking, old android).

I like to mod the phone a lot, and I've heard the LG G2 isn't that good for this, so I don't know what to get. The G2 is really really cheap considering other phone's prices, but I'm a modding addict.

Should I wait and buy the Nexus 5 next year or I'll not lose too much by getting the G2 this christmas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMoraes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraj1 View Post
I think we're all just frustrated with the lack of information. My F5 key is worn out and my finger is worn out from mashing it.
lol i just realized F5 reloads the page
how did you manage to register here
----
Nexus 7 FLO ~~~~ (PureSpeed X 4.4 (RIP)) SlimKat 4.4.2 + Faux123 Kernel
LG G2 D805 ~~~~~ G-Flex ROM + dozens of Xposed modules!

diestarbucks
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4059
Please use one of the following two sticky threads in this section to continue your inquiry:

[Discussion] Consolidated Device Comparison/ Q&A/ Discussion Thread!!

[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

The Following User Says Thank You to diestarbucks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe