5,606,530 Members 34,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has anyone found a solution to the dead PC/USB connection?

Tip us?

Haphim
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Has anyone found a solution to the dead PC/USB connection?

Running CM 10.1.3, I can no longer connect the phone to my PC (Win 7, x64). There is no acknowledgement from either the phone or the PC that a data connection has been made (other than that it was charging). I used to be able to connect okay, but now it's not working.

Searching around, this is apparently a common issue with the S4. I've made various attempts at dealing with this, including re-installing the Samsung drivers, with no success. I don't even know if it's specific to CM, or the phone's hardware/firmware.

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

willieamm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hope this works for u. I had an issue connecting my Galaxy S4 as well. Here's the solution I found.

Click the phone icon to access the dial pad and type *#0808#
A menu will appear once the last character is entered.

Choose : AP on upper section and for USB Setting choose MTP.

Reboot the device. Good luck.

Credits to sucah for this solution.

Haphim
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieamm View Post
Hope this works for u. I had an issue connecting my Galaxy S4 as well. Here's the solution I found.

Click the phone icon to access the dial pad and type *#0808#
A menu will appear once the last character is entered.

Choose : AP on upper section and for USB Setting choose MTP.

Reboot the device. Good luck.

Credits to sucah for this solution.

I can't get USSD codes to work. I get an error "Connection problem or invalid MMI code". Adding a comma at the end doesn't fix it. As soon as I can get past this problem, I'll give that solution a try. Thanks!

rbedell
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haphim View Post
Running CM 10.1.3, I can no longer connect the phone to my PC (Win 7, x64). There is no acknowledgement from either the phone or the PC that a data connection has been made (other than that it was charging). I used to be able to connect okay, but now it's not working.

Searching around, this is apparently a common issue with the S4. I've made various attempts at dealing with this, including re-installing the Samsung drivers, with no success. I don't even know if it's specific to CM, or the phone's hardware/firmware.

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?
My computer has USB 3.0 equipped with fast charge, ASUS. The app updated and screwed my usb connections to any chargeable device. I wound up having to remove the app and then reinstall the drivers. Don't know if that might be an issue with your computer but it's with a check.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Haphim
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
I discovered that those USSD codes are Samsung specific, which means that they only work on the stock ROM. In CM, they are invalid.

Any other ideas?