5,596,637 Members 42,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [ Help! ] One S - soft bricked, S-ON, can't manage to get S-OFF, wont load ROM

Tip us?

Saiyaru
Old
(Last edited by Saiyaru; 16th December 2013 at 03:40 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Cool [Q] [ Help! ] One S - soft bricked, S-ON, can't manage to get S-OFF, wont load ROM

Hello guys, this is the 5th day since im messing my mind on this particular device, im out of ideas now, and thats why im creating this thread hoping someone will solve this puzzle out.
I was reading a lot of tutorials, tryed many diffrend ways to get S-off, or trying to get back to stock..

GOAL: make this One S work, being rooted and have s-off, and have custom rom with sense 5 on it.

Story: i bought this HTC ONE S as a used device on cheap price, it was looking terrible, damaged case, cracked glass, outdated rom.
but i got idea i have to buy this one, because i think HTC ONE S IS MOST PRETTY DEVICE I HAVE SEEN , i will do restoration and make this baby beautiful as new! I polished glass, put glass protection on, repainted whole case with new white car paint. (it was black color version) now i have beautiful WHITE edition of HTC ONE S. its not for resell or anything, just personal use. ( i will do photos later on, when i will finish this project).

I noticed this phone have custom rom on it, but it was kinda buggy and slow, and outdated, it was some modded ICS rom. i was thinking like: no problem, i just read some tutorials here and flash new fancy rom, it will take just a hour or so at most,
i though this will be easy cake... since i have samsung galaxy s3 and i flashed it many times without problems.
ohhh how wrong i was... i almost bricked this phone...

THE STAGE THIS PHONE IS NOW AT:

ITS AN S4 DEVICE,

it can boot in to HBOOT with no problems and it can be controlled from windows 7 with fastboot commands.
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.12.50.05.05
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot
(date and clock)

Recovery also works
TWRP v2.6.3.0
it have sweet feature to mount internal sdcard as usb flash for windows, also file browser and so on.. really like this recovery.

last installed rom: cm-10-2.0.-ville.zip
(but it wont load of course)
but after it hangs on HTC logo, red lines about developer rom, ADB DEVICES command shows this device serial number and phone listens to ADB commands with windows cmd from SDK platform tools.

This device original CID was: ORANG001
i was trying to get supercid, and somehow i managed to make it 11111111, but i cant managed to install any original RUU, so later i tryed to change cid to O2___001, and install O2 RUU, but it still wont install.

now i cant change CID to 11111111, just wont work, i have no idea how i changed in first place. but i edited hex and now i cant push this file with supercid againt to phone, gives error. also fastboot write cid wont work to, ends up in error and flastboot frozes, need to reset by holding power key.
so now im stuck with CID: O2___001

soo... can somebody give me some instructions how to get out of this crazyness and make this sweet phone work again by having Maximus HD on it? thank you

Saiyaru
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
[QUOTE=Saiyaru;48520675]Hello guys, this is the 5th day since im messing my mind on this particular device, im out of ideas now, and thats why im creating this thread hoping someone will solve this puzzle out.
I was reading a lot of tutorials, tryed many diffrend ways to get S-off, or trying to get back to stock..

GOAL: make this One S work, being rooted and have s-off, and have custom rom with sense 5 on it.

Story: i bought this HTC ONE S as a used device on cheap price, it was looking terrible, damaged case, cracked glass, outdated rom.
but i got idea i have to buy this one, because i think HTC ONE S IS MOST PRETTY DEVICE I HAVE SEEN , i will do restoration and make this baby beautiful as new! I polished glass, put glass protection on, repainted whole case with new white car paint. (it was black color version) now i have beautiful WHITE edition of HTC ONE S. its not for resell or anything, just personal use. ( i will do photos later on, when i will finish this project).

I noticed this phone have custom rom on it, but it was kinda buggy and slow, and outdated, it was some modded ICS rom. i was thinking like: no problem, i just read some tutorials here and flash new fancy rom, it will take just a hour or so at most,
i though this will be easy cake... since i have samsung galaxy s3 and i flashed it many times without problems.

ITS AN S4 DEVICE,

it can boot in to HBOOT with no problems and it can be controlled from windows 7 with fastboot commands.
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.12.50.05.05
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot
(date and clock)

Recovery also works
TWRP v2.6.3.0
it have sweet feature to mount internal sdcard as usb flash for windows, also file browser and so on.. really like this recovery.

but after it hangs on HTC logo, red lines about developer rom, ADB DEVICES command shows this device serial number and phone listens to ADB commands with windows cmd from SDK platform tools.

i was trying to get supercid, and somehow i managed to make it 11111111, but i cant managed to install any original RUU, so later i tryed to change cid to O2___001, and install O2 RUU, but it still wont install.

now i cant change CID to 11111111, just wont work, i have no idea how i changed in first place. but i edited hex and now i cant push this file with supercid againt to phone, gives error. also fastboot write cid wont work to, ends up in error and flastboot frozes, need to reset by holding power key.

i would like to get step instructions what i should try do now, like guiding me trough steps on actions, and i will report how phone responds, and making this phone alive again ?

Flashalot
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyaru View Post
Hello guys, this is the 5th day since im messing my mind on this particular device, im out of ideas now, and thats why im creating this thread hoping someone will solve this puzzle out.

ITS AN S4 DEVICE,

TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.12.50.05.05
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot
(date and clock)

Recovery also works
TWRP v2.6.3.0

soo... can somebody give me some instructions how to get out of this crazyness and make this sweet phone work again by having Maximus HD on it? thank you
Well lest start shall we...
First find stock or close to stock ROM like sourcE
Then find the tool rumrunner and s-off
once your s-off your going to flash the ROM first then update firmware in maximus But before that back up your SD your going to have to wipe it
Now if you get a bootloop your going to have to adb push the ROM to your phone I hope this helps you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Saiyaru
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashalot View Post
Well lest start shall we...
First find stock or close to stock ROM like sourcE
Then find the tool rumrunner and s-off
once your s-off your going to flash the ROM first then update firmware in maximus But before that back up your SD your going to have to wipe it
Now if you get a bootloop your going to have to adb push the ROM to your phone I hope this helps you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
ty for helping ;D
ok, i installed SourcE 1.4 zip trough recovery, and did cache, dalvic wipe, but after system reboot, i got boot loop. also ADB wont show device number, so its even less wants to boot as with Cyanogen mod roms. they also get boot loop but atleast ADB shows device number after sending command adb devices.

ok, i will simply try now do s-off like i would do by tutorial, and tell u where i get stuck.
Tags
error, flash, s-off, supercid