5,600,919 Members 41,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Noob To Modding RAZR MAXX, Need some guideance!

Tip us?

RECKLESS PAIN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] Noob To Modding RAZR MAXX, Need some guideance!

So I just got a RAZR MAXX running on 4.1.2 Jellybean and found out it was already rooted! So that got me all excited and worked up pretty good! But, i don't know a whole lot about this phone. I am not new to rooting and or/ modding my phone. Ive modded my Droid x2 inside and out but this phone has a lot to worry about on messing up. So i was wanting some help a direction from the community on a couple things (Yes Ive read the forums inside and out on this website on this phone and how to do different things to it, but most are not clear or complicated)

So a few things im needing to know before i do any modding and development to my phone:
  • How to install and flash a ROM properly and how to change between ROMs using SS3.65 (Already got SSv3.65)
  • How do restore my RAZR if i mess it up back to 4.1.2 on JB using RSDLite? (Got the XML.zip and RSDLite)
  • What do the ROM Slots do and how to use them in SS3? (Would like to get the RAGE ROM on my RAZR)
  • Anything I need to be cautious about before Flashing ROMs, SBFing, and or other modifications (Dont wanna brick a new phone...)
  • Programs i should get? (To flash files and mod the phone? *I got Batmans Utility, SS3, RSDLite, ADB, SDK, Motorola Device Manger)

Like I said I dont know much about this RAZR MAXX of mine and would like some personal guidance from the community! I so GREATLY appericate it! Please if you know anything i could do or help me in anyway, PLEASE reply, all help is needed!

Here is my RAZR MAXXs info:

System Version:
98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Android Version:
4.1.2 (JellyBean)

Baseband Version:
CDMA_N_05.21.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00

Webtop Version:
wt-3.0.0

Kernal Version:
3.0.8-gbacb1cf
hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid80 #1

Build Number:
9.8.2O-72_VZW-16

Once again, thanks for looking and the community!

zero66
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECKLESS PAIN View Post
So I just got a RAZR MAXX running on 4.1.2 Jellybean and found out it was already rooted! So that got me all excited and worked up pretty good! But, i don't know a whole lot about this phone. I am not new to rooting and or/ modding my phone. Ive modded my Droid x2 inside and out but this phone has a lot to worry about on messing up. So i was wanting some help a direction from the community on a couple things (Yes Ive read the forums inside and out on this website on this phone and how to do different things to it, but most are not clear or complicated)

So a few things im needing to know before i do any modding and development to my phone:
  • How to install and flash a ROM properly and how to change between ROMs using SS3.65 (Already got SSv3.65)
  • How do restore my RAZR if i mess it up back to 4.1.2 on JB using RSDLite? (Got the XML.zip and RSDLite)
  • What do the ROM Slots do and how to use them in SS3? (Would like to get the RAGE ROM on my RAZR)
  • Anything I need to be cautious about before Flashing ROMs, SBFing, and or other modifications (Dont wanna brick a new phone...)
  • Programs i should get? (To flash files and mod the phone? *I got Batmans Utility, SS3, RSDLite, ADB, SDK, Motorola Device Manger)

Like I said I dont know much about this RAZR MAXX of mine and would like some personal guidance from the community! I so GREATLY

appericate it! Please if you know anything i could do or help me in anyway, PLEASE reply, all help is needed!

Here is my RAZR MAXXs info:

System Version:
98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Android Version:
4.1.2 (JellyBean)

Baseband Version:
CDMA_N_05.21.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00

Webtop Version:
wt-3.0.0

Kernal Version:
3.0.8-gbacb1cf
hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid80 #1

Build Number:
9.8.2O-72_VZW-16

Once again, thanks for looking and the community!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2155576