XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung S4 mini SGH-I257M unlock help

Tip us?

simickey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi Systwk,

I did what you said, but my phone remain to same. It says unable to connect. Maybe flash the ROM is my last step?

systwk
Old
(Last edited by systwk; 15th December 2013 at 09:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by simickey View Post
Hi Systwk,
I did what you said, but my phone remain to same. It says unable to connect. Maybe flash the ROM is my last step?

If it were me I would not re-flash anything. The connection problem would not likely be from a carrier unlock. Also it is not likely it would be from rooting or installing the CWM boot loader.

You have a known system now, you know when it worked, and you know the few modifications you have done. Even if you have called Chatr tech support before, it might help to call again and tell them it will not log on to their system. DO NOT tell them you have rooted the phone, DO NOT tell them you installed a boot loader. If you do that, they will probably say that is the problem, END of support. Just say it was unlocked by a dealer and now takes their SIM but it won't work.

They should walk you through each step of the configuration, they want your money every month, you want their service. Good place to start. Give them your IMEI, make sure it's good and not 'blocked'. it's in the settings/about device/status or dial *#06#. I'm assuming you already have confirmed your phone is comparable with chatr, I think you mentioned it was from TELUS, but with BELL, ROGERS or whatever, unlocking does not guarantee the Modem is the same as the new network you are trying to use.. There are several other reasons, but SIM, IMEI and improper configuration are the most likely problems if compatible.

There is a chance it is something simple that has been missed. You have shown patience, that is a big plus with modding phones. Going step by step and being willing to start over is something many here have done, and many times. Small problems are sometime the easiest to miss. So Call Chatr tech support, if they have an outlet near you maybe you can get a replacement SIM from them, (I would check that first) as I mentioned before.

One other thing to try, see if you can get a new Pre-Pay/month to month SIM from TELUS or the original carrier the phone was branded for. It should work and if not, they know their configuration. I'm out of suggestions, hopefully someone from Canada can be of more help. Don't give up. There are always answers.

simickey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you, Systwk

The SIM card works with my old phone, so probably is not the SIM card problem. I take out the SIM card from S4 mini and power on it, the signal still shows good. So, I think flash ROM is the most simple way for me. Anyway, I will can chatr on Monday.

simickey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi Systwk, I called Chatr just now. She said the APN setting is only for Internet and I need to go to a Chatr shop to check my phone and SIM card. I think I will go this weekend.

ken204
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I think you bought the phone that has been report as stolen and has been blacklist so it is block on all network in Canada.