Default [Kernel] Furnace-2.0.0 for AOSP/LG ROMs [LS/VS980/D800/1/2/3/F320x][4/6/2014]

Quote:
This is a kernel based on LGE Source Code and AOSPA-Legacy Source built with Google's 4.7 GCC. This is my first time messing with kernels, but I'm really hoping to make this a great and reliable project.
I will update this kernel as long as I have time, introducing new features and fixes for any issues that may arise.

This kernel is available for both AOSP and LG Stock ROMs.

If you're concerned about benchmarks, go here.

Features:
Code:
Linux Kernel 3.4.86
Google 4.7 GCC
IntelliPlug (With custom strict mode)
IntelliThermal
Fast Charge
Bidirectional Sweep2Sleep
exFat Support
westwood TCP default
deadline iosched default
Sound Control
Wheatley
Intellidemand
Intelliactive
OndemandPlus
SIO/BFQ/FIOPS/ZEN/VR
frandom
Dynamic fsync
Powersuspend
Overclock to 2.5Ghz
Underclock to 96Mhz
Voltage Control
Thanks to:
Code:
Lithid
Shelnutt2
Faux123
Ayysir
dr87
Wootever
Quote:
For stock based kernels, the last version to support JB is 1.7.1, available here.
Downloads:
Furnace Stock / Furnace AOSP / Furnace Legacy (1.7.1 - 1.8.1) / AOSP Source / Stock Source / Changelog

Boot Image Unpacking/Repacking:

Since anykernel is not yet available for the G2 due to loki, kernels must be flashed as boot.img's with a fixed ramdisk. This means as someone using an AOSP ROM, you would not be able to flash an AOSP kernel on any other ROM than the one the ramdisk is based from.

Until we have anykernel support, I've put this together for devs looking to integrate this kernel into their projects or users who want to use my kernel on a non-CM based AOSP ROM.

You will need to get a hold of the latest unpackbootimg/mkbootimg, I recommend CM11 source.

To unpack:
Code:
mkdir output
./unpackbootimg -i boot.img -o output
To repack:
Code:
./mkbootimg --kernel output/boot.img-zImage --ramdisk output/boot.img-ramdisk.gz --cmdline "console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8 androidboot.hardware=g2 user_debug=31 msm_rtb.filter=0x0" --base 0x00000000 --pagesize 2048 --ramdisk_offset 0x05000000 --tags_offset 0x04800000 --dt output/boot.img-dt.img -o new_boot.img
Note: Some stock based ROM's have the ramdisk in .lz format, make sure you know what format your ramdisk is before running the repack, and change the command accordingly.

Want to customize? Use this.

Quote:
I haven't found any issues so far, but if you find something, don't hesitate to report it!

Quote:
Devs: Feel free to integrate this in any of your ROMs, just provide a link here and a credit!

Want free FTP access for your LG development projects? Just ask!