5,599,337 Members 38,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] Furnace-2.0.0 for AOSP/LG ROMs [LS/VS980/D800/1/2/3/F320x][4/6/2014]

Tip us?

Savoca
Old
(Last edited by Savoca; 8th April 2014 at 12:13 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2310

DONATE TO ME
Default [Kernel] Furnace-2.0.0 for AOSP/LG ROMs [LS/VS980/D800/1/2/3/F320x][4/6/2014]

Quote:
This is a kernel based on LGE Source Code and AOSPA-Legacy Source built with Google's 4.7 GCC. This is my first time messing with kernels, but I'm really hoping to make this a great and reliable project.
I will update this kernel as long as I have time, introducing new features and fixes for any issues that may arise.

This kernel is available for both AOSP and LG Stock ROMs.

If you're concerned about benchmarks, go here.

Features:
Code:
Linux Kernel 3.4.86
Google 4.7 GCC
IntelliPlug (With custom strict mode)
IntelliThermal
Fast Charge
Bidirectional Sweep2Sleep
exFat Support
westwood TCP default
deadline iosched default
Sound Control
Wheatley
Intellidemand
Intelliactive
OndemandPlus
SIO/BFQ/FIOPS/ZEN/VR
frandom
Dynamic fsync
Powersuspend
Overclock to 2.5Ghz
Underclock to 96Mhz
Voltage Control
Thanks to:
Code:
Lithid
Shelnutt2
Faux123
Ayysir
dr87
Wootever
Quote:
For stock based kernels, the last version to support JB is 1.7.1, available here.
Downloads:
Furnace Stock / Furnace AOSP / Furnace Legacy (1.7.1 - 1.8.1) / AOSP Source / Stock Source / Changelog

Boot Image Unpacking/Repacking:

Since anykernel is not yet available for the G2 due to loki, kernels must be flashed as boot.img's with a fixed ramdisk. This means as someone using an AOSP ROM, you would not be able to flash an AOSP kernel on any other ROM than the one the ramdisk is based from.

Until we have anykernel support, I've put this together for devs looking to integrate this kernel into their projects or users who want to use my kernel on a non-CM based AOSP ROM.

You will need to get a hold of the latest unpackbootimg/mkbootimg, I recommend CM11 source.

To unpack:
Code:
mkdir output
./unpackbootimg -i boot.img -o output
To repack:
Code:
./mkbootimg --kernel output/boot.img-zImage --ramdisk output/boot.img-ramdisk.gz --cmdline "console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8 androidboot.hardware=g2 user_debug=31 msm_rtb.filter=0x0" --base 0x00000000 --pagesize 2048 --ramdisk_offset 0x05000000 --tags_offset 0x04800000 --dt output/boot.img-dt.img -o new_boot.img
Note: Some stock based ROM's have the ramdisk in .lz format, make sure you know what format your ramdisk is before running the repack, and change the command accordingly.

Want to customize? Use this.

Quote:
I haven't found any issues so far, but if you find something, don't hesitate to report it!

Quote:
Devs: Feel free to integrate this in any of your ROMs, just provide a link here and a credit!

Want free FTP access for your LG development projects? Just ask!
The Following 201 Users Say Thank You to Savoca For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

solver404
Old
Thanks Meter 1639
Nice, I will give it a run.
Gonzo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solver404 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Sweet I'll give whirl too...thanks

GBPackerFanForLife
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Cool glad to see some development with this phone.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KB112
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Cool, I just flashed YouDugs Stock Odex last night. I'm gonna have to give this a run.
Sprint - ED Family Plan w/ 6 lines.
LG G2 (Stock Rooted - TWRP)

weenerdog3443
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Can't wait to try it

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Demonlinx
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Do i have to flash this before flashing the rom? Is there a specific point i need to flash this is what I'm asking? Or can i flash at any point in time?

Please hit the Thank button if I helped you out.

Devices:
- Sprint LG G2
- Sprint Motorola Photon
- At&t Htc Aria

charlie95113
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Nice....I really like how the development of our phone is about to ROCKET LAUNCH its way out and only a few no it

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Lilmandude15
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonlinx View Post
Do i have to flash this before flashing the rom? Is there a specific point i need to flash this is what I'm asking? Or can i flash at any point in time?

You can flash at any time. If you flash a rom flash this after. And remember only for stock based roms.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Lilmandude15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mistermidas
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Anybody tested out the kernel yet? Any good/bad reviews? Im itching to try it out so bad, but I tried the other kernel in the G2 development thread by Wooster (i think) and it jacked my phone up a lil bit. Wouldnt officially connect to Sprint network and wouldnt let me update my profite while I was on it. So I'm waiting to hear some feedback before I try this one out to save me the headache. A good custom kernel is the last piece of the puzzle I need to be totally happy on a STOCK ROM for damn near the first time ever lol. Loving my Xposed tweaks now...just need that custom kernel to make it officially official lol.