XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N7105 4.3 ROM on i317

Tip us?

82801BA
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] N7105 4.3 ROM on i317

I found a HK 4.3 ROM that I would like to use in my i317. However I am not sure how to start. Here are what I have tried:

Flash it directly in ODIN would result in a fail right at tz.
I am also not able to fully cook the rom, as Linux Reader cannot open the csc_cache file converted (red with a big question mark), so my rom is left without CSC.
Without CSC, I am able to create the custom rom, flash it, update modem to MH3. Using bootloader without KNOX (4.1.2), with a custom wifi fix kernel (for all other phones except i317) I found in this forum. Technically the rom works, but I don't feel very comfortable on using it.

I am looking for some input here. Thank you.

210euser
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82801BA View Post
I found a HK 4.3 ROM that I would like to use in my i317. However I am not sure how to start. Here are what I have tried:

Flash it directly in ODIN would result in a fail right at tz.
I am also not able to fully cook the rom, as Linux Reader cannot open the csc_cache file converted (red with a big question mark), so my rom is left without CSC.
Without CSC, I am able to create the custom rom, flash it, update modem to MH3. Using bootloader without KNOX (4.1.2), with a custom wifi fix kernel (for all other phones except i317) I found in this forum. Technically the rom works, but I don't feel very comfortable on using it.

I am looking for some input here. Thank you.
This will not work. You will need to go to the porting thread in the dev section for this. Don't try to flash a rom from the 7105

Sent from my phone

82801BA
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210euser View Post
This will not work. You will need to go to the porting thread in the dev section for this. Don't try to flash a rom from the 7105

Sent from my phone
I have successfully cooked N7105 rom for use with i317 before, with 4.1.2.

My main concern at this moment is how I can deal with CSC, since Linux Reader is unable to mount any of the csc_cache.img.ext4 (the 1.4GB file from the 20MB cache.img) converted from 4.3 ROM. Have tried 7100 and 7105 and it cannot be mounted.

82801BA
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Update:

I am now able to grab CSC from both ROM and cook in Kitchen. However:

Using stock N7105 MK3 CSC, no matter what modem I use, baseband is always unknown. And the device is not so smooth.
If I extract AT&T MJ4 CSC, I can get everything working EXCEPT mobile data. The Mobile Network State always says "Disconnected" even "Mobile network type" shows LTE and I have the correct APN (from AT&T's CSC).

Scratching my head on this.