5,599,033 Members 31,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possibly burnt HD2 - Cannot re-flash radio, magldr or task29

Tip us?

leandrox
Old
(Last edited by leandrox; 6th December 2013 at 11:06 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert32 View Post
then, try making a goldcard, and flashing a stock .nbh
for info about creating a goldcard, you should google it, i did recently and it was a bit harder then first time i did it (3 years ago)
OK. Back to work then.
I will follow this tutorial. But I see I need an ActiveSync/MobileDeviceCenter connection. I don't think you can do that when you have no OS on the phone, right? Can I do this while in the bootloader?

Should I take any additional precautions attempting the process from W8-x64?

EDIT: It seems I need another phone to put the microSD on so I can get the correct CID with RevSkills (apparently you need the device to be connected through the MobileDeviceCenter or it fails). Then I may be able to ask someone else to get me a goldcard for said CID.

gilbert32
Old
Thanks Meter 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by leandrox View Post
OK. Back to work then.
I will follow this tutorial. But I see I need an ActiveSync/MobileDeviceCenter connection. I don't think you can do that when you have no OS on the phone, right? Can I do this while in the bootloader?

Should I take any additional precautions attempting the process from W8-x64?

EDIT: It seems I need another phone to put the microSD on so I can get the correct CID with RevSkills (apparently you need the device to be connected through the MobileDeviceCenter or it fails). Then I may be able to ask someone else to get me a goldcard for said CID.
I remember there being tutorials for making a goldcard, that need to have a microSD adapter only, no other device, and others that tell you how to get cid from an android phone.that doesn't require PSAS like in the tutorial you're following
My work for the hd2:

• Resurrection Remix 4.4.2 rom (still in private beta)
  • Sense 5 first kernel

<========If i helped you, make sure to hit the THANKS Button

How to flash android on HD2 devices with broken "hardware"
This is AMAZING: Sense 5 on HD2!!
The Following User Says Thank You to gilbert32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leandrox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I remember there being tutorials for making a goldcard, that need to have a microSD adapter only, no other device, and others that tell you how to get cid from an android phone.that doesn't require PSAS like in the tutorial you're following
I got an adapter I can put in my old PDA and get the microSD CID. @Gilbert, can you prepare Goldcard images? In the tutorial there are some users mentioned that are supposed to do it, can you recommend any of them so I can ask them for it? Thanks in advance

gilbert32
Old
Thanks Meter 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by leandrox View Post
I got an adapter I can put in my old PDA and get the microSD CID. @Gilbert, can you prepare Goldcard images? In the tutorial there are some users mentioned that are supposed to do it, can you recommend any of them so I can ask them for it? Thanks in advance
making goldcard is easy...
i remember getting cid and writing it reversed to http://huygens.hoxnet.com/goldcard.html (choose reversed cid iirc), downloading goldcard.img, opening sd with some hex editor (hxd i recommend) and writing goldcard.img content to it
you should read the tutorials available online, as what i said could be a lot wrong
My work for the hd2:

• Resurrection Remix 4.4.2 rom (still in private beta)
  • Sense 5 first kernel

<========If i helped you, make sure to hit the THANKS Button

How to flash android on HD2 devices with broken "hardware"
This is AMAZING: Sense 5 on HD2!!
The Following User Says Thank You to gilbert32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leandrox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
making goldcard is easy...
i remember getting cid and writing it reversed to http://huygens.hoxnet.com/goldcard.html (choose reversed cid iirc), downloading goldcard.img, opening sd with some hex editor (hxd i recommend) and writing goldcard.img content to it
you should read the tutorials available online, as what i said could be a lot wrong
I have tried to flash the phone with the Goldcard through this method. I am wondering wether I should expect something different after the bootloader starts, because I just get to the same point as I did when trying to flash it without the Goldcard, and getting the same failed "update terminate / update fail" message. Maybe I did not prepare the Goldcard well. Or maybe the phone mainboard ROM/NAND is simply ruined

leandrox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have to assume that the radio must be bricked. From what I read, this is the only thing that can actually brick your device when you still can get to the tricolored bootloader. Everytime I try to flash a ROM, it fails while flashing the Radio, so there has to be a hardware problem that prevents it. I still wonder how that happened.

I was running JellyTime, and then all of the sudden the phone froze and then just didn't turn on again (blank white screen). Can overheating ruin the NAND or ROM? Should I consider this battle as lost? I am so disappointed...

I read about one user who concluded that all you can do is flash a ROM with no radio, and keep the phone only as an Android device (no phone use). He told me I should get a dev or cooker to cook a radio-less ROM so I can do that. Does anyone know if there's a ROM like this I could use?